Monday, December 22, 2008

A Sad Day in the Eastlick Household

On a more somber note. Saturday also was the day that Sadie's beloved pink blanket got lost forever. It was sad. After we left Santa we meandered the mall and it was some time later that I realized I no longer had Sadie's pink blanket.

Sadie was getting extremely tired and could not be consoled. She wanted her blanket. I retraced our footsteps three times. Went to Customer Service three times and found nothing. I just don't know who would really want a used and dirty I might add, blanket. It really wasn't something spectular but it was Sadie's favorite.

I loaded Sadie up and hoped that Steve may have found it on his way out of the mall. I found him at Blockbuster and sadly he didn't have it either. So home we went. Sadie went right down because I did make her a crib blanket it's just a lot bigger and heavier so she really can't carry it around. But it does feel like her blanket so it appeased her.

I worked around the house and getting our Christmas cards addressed and ready to mail. And Steve got home and he had gone to Walmart and got all the fixings for me to make Sadie another blanket. So as of right now I've crocheted half of it. The hard part at this point is keeping it away from her. She thinks it's her blanket and doesn't understand I have to finish it.

Hopefully I will have it complete by Christmas Eve. I'd like for her to have it for Christmas morning. Wish me luck.

0 comments: