Monday, December 22, 2008

I Almost Forgot...

It's been so crazy busy at work and at home these past couple of weeks. There are a couple of things I wanted to share with you all.

1. We are trying to teach Sadie how to blow kisses. She has the sound down but not the movement. She is really funny.

2. Steve and I finally got to go to a Christmas party last week. The week before we missed two parties due to sickness. So last Thursday we got a sitter (shocking) and Steve and I got to go out and enjoy ourselves. It was really nice. I want to talk him into going away for the weekend and leaving Sadie behind. I think that we really need to take a trip together and rekindle our marriage. Having a child really does change things. And to be honest I'd love to be able to sleep in without worrying about Sadie.

3. Sadie loves Christmas carols. This morning on our way to Da's work (since he left his phone and a few other things behind this morning) we sang Christmas carols. And when I say we I mean we. She was singing right along with me. Her own language but she is mimicking my voice now. So when I sing high she sings high. It's really cute. Right now she really likes the Fa-la-la song cuz she can say that and Santa Claus is coming to town. Ironic since she didn't really like Santa.

4. I'm starting to feel better FINALLY! I am still having sinus issues but I'm hoping to be 100% better by Christmas. I know it's only a few days a way but it is Christmas time and miracles do happen you know.

5. My friend's daughter, Jordan, had major foot surgery last week. She is doing good but is still in a lot of pain. So Sadie and I went to visit her on Saturday. She is pretty much laid up. So they are hosting a Girls Night on the 26th. We are going to play games and watch movies, just us girls. It will be a lot of fun.

6. Last but not least, Sadie is officially 11 months old. She is developing her own little personality and I love it. She was so much fun yesterday afternoon. Not during Church, but after her nap. Church has been a struggle for me the last few weeks. She is so tired and I end up having to go our in the waiting area so we don't disturb the others. Hopefully next year things will be better. Our time is changing to 9am instead of 11am. So it won't be right during her nap time. This last week didn't help that I didn't have her blanket either. I tried to use another one but it was a no go.

I'm sure I'll have more posts after Christmas. I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday.

0 comments: