Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finally Feeling Better

Well as you know it's been nothing but sickness in our house hold for the past week or so. Sadie's upper respiratory infection is getting better but on Saturday we had our first horrible teething experience. I know she's been teething in the past but it was nothing compared to Saturday.

She woke up crying. And not her normal cry. It was almost like a scream cry. We couldn't do anything to console her. She was so exhausted she could barely keep her eyes open but would only be comfortable for about 10 minutes at a time. Tylenol, Oral Gel and Teething tablets weren't helping. Although in retrospect they probably did but it wasn't showing.

So finally Steve and I decided to load her up in the truck and go for a drive. One sure thing with her, is she will fall asleep in the car. So we drove around for three hours while she slept. Now we were actually able to get some shopping done though. First stop was target, I ran in while Steve sat idling in the truck. I found this great hat and glove set for her. Then it was off to Mervyn's and Steve ran in while I waited in the truck. Unfortunately for me Sadie woke up screaming. I got her out of her seat and fed her a bottle and still she cried. I was really starting to get worried at this point. She wasn't eating, she still couldn't keep her eyes open and she was screaming. Steve got back and instantly she was comforted. She really wanted her Daddy on Saturday. Then we drove around some more. I told Steve I had a couple of packages I had to pick up at the Mall so he dropped me off at the Valley Plaza and I got my things while he drove around. So all and all considering how the morning started it was actually a productive day.

The rest of the day we were at home trying to comfort her and get her to eat. NOTHING. Saturday was the night of my work's big Christmas party. So we cancelled the sitter and Steve stayed home while I got dressed and made a quick appearance. By the time I got back she was eating her "O's" (Cheerios) so I was starting to feel a little better.

Sunday came and I woke up with a head cold but Sadie woke up ready to play. She was feeling much better and eating. Thank goodness. So after Church I put on her new hat and went outside for a little bit while Daddy worked on the cabinets. You can still see she has a snot nose but she was really feeling much better.























0 comments: