Friday, December 12, 2008

Calling All Carolers!

*Correction: We will be Caroling on Sunday Evening, December 21, 2008 instead of Monday night so hopefully we will find more people at home.*

When my Grandparents were alive we had a family tradition of going Christmas Caroling to the Rest homes and those in our Church Family who were less fortunate or stuck being home during the Holiday Season.

This year is Sadie's first Christmas and I want to continue this tradition with her. Now you don't have to be a professional singer or even carry a tune. It's more fun when you have friends and family who are just there to sing and have fun.

If you are interested or know of someone who would be interested please let me know. I think it would be great Family Night for Monday, the 22nd of December. So please let me know if you'd like be part of our Family Tradition.

There are so many out their this year in particular that could use just a friendly song to help uplift them. A good friend of mine lost her Mother this past year and I'd really like to visit the Resthome that she was at to say thanks and maybe bring a smile to the faces of those who are there now. I know when my Great Grandmother was in the Resthome we would go and sing every year and there were folks there that never got visitors. I want Sadie to grow up knowing that at least for one night a year we helped to bring the light and love of our Savior into the lives of those less fortunate.

Merry Christmas to Everyone! Thanks for helping me continue this Family Tradition.

0 comments: