Thursday, December 11, 2008

Disneyland - The Happiest Place on Earth

Well this first picture you are looking is not obivously Disneyland. It's I believe one of the original McDonald's in Downey, California. That's right Downey. Steve's stupid GPS system took me on a side trip. So it took us an extra hour to get to Disneyland on Wednesday night.

Here we are at Disneyland Wednesday night. By the time we got there the parade was well under way so we tucked in by Tomorrow Land and Sadie had dinner while we waiting for my Brother and his family to meet us.


This was the ride we were next too. Spence, Kyson and I went on it after they found us.





We just visited and looked at all the lights and then drove to Trav's hotel and settled down for the night. I'm so glad we went down Wednesday though. Sadie slept all the way and so she wasn't cranky at all the next morning when we went to California Adventure.


Thursday, December 4, 2008
California Adventure

Decorated California sign outside of California Adventure. We had such a great day. There was hardly anyone there and the rides weren't long to wait as well as the shows. It was awesome.


Spencer and Trav went on some big kid rides while Sadie, Jace, Kyson, Jill & I went to Brother Bear's Camp. Kyson went on the zip line (Jace was too short) and then they played on all the equipment. There was a cave that you could go into and put your hand on a hyroglyph and it did a cool thing. Look at the video to see it.


Here are some pictures of Sadie, Kyson & Jace playing at the Brother Bear Camp.






Then we went on a couple other rides while waiting for Trav & Spence. This was a Rocket Ride. She wasn't too sure about it but by the end she was loving the wind in her face.
Chillin' takin' in the people.
If you look closely enough you can even see her cracker in her hand.
We waited for the Fam while they went on the Toy Story ride. It was a 30 minute wait. Which really isn't that bad but Sadie was just about to fall asleep so we opted out of that ride.

This is where we were sitting while we waited. Right next to a Turkey Leg booth. Ok I have to say that I'm not a big Turkey leg fan but these smelt so good and they were honkin' huge. The guy who was sitting next to us on the bench got one with his son and seriously it was bigger than his son's head. It was HUGE.
On our way to lunch we stopped so Jill and Trav could go on this ride. You know the one. Where is shoots you straight up in the air and then bounces you back down until you reach the ground. Yah no way I was going on it so I stayed with the kids.

Then we went and had pizza. It was pretty good and a good time to take a break.





Then Trav, Spence and Kyson went some where I don't remember and Jill and I headed over towards the shows we were going to see. Well we took the scenic route and got some great pictures by the rapids.



It was starting to get windy so I wanted to get Sadie a hat to cover her ears. Well this was the best thing I could find. I'm going to crochet from ties so I can tie it on her head. She wouldn't keep it on. This was one of the only shots I got without her trying to rip it off her head.

Then it was time for the Playhouse Disney Show.


Jace seriously never sat down the entire time. He was completely enthralled.
The Little Einsteins
My Friends Tigger & Pooh
Then we went over to the Monsters Inc ride, which we all got to go on. Sadie really liked it. I think it helped that we had just watched it. But she really liked it.

Then it was off to the Muppets 3D show. Which Sadie absolutely loved. She is a big fan of Muppets. And there was a big entry room with hardly any one there so she got to explore out of her stroller. She was in Muppet Heaven.
Watching the pre-Muppet, Muppet show.

Notice Jace has his 3D glasses upside down. He wore them like that every time I might add. He is so cute!
All tuckered out.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Disneyland
Happy Birthday Jill-Bee

Did you know that Jill shares the same birthday as Walt Disney himself? Well we found out on the tram, on our way to the park.
Sadie loved meeting new people. Above is her new friend who was the most darling little girl. Under her hood she had two of the most crazy pony tails. They were so cute. I can't wait until Sadie has enough hair so I can do that.

Here we are on the train to Toon Town

Funny shots of Sadie while waiting for Minnie Mouse

Trav's Family in front of the Toon Town Christmas Tree




Minnie's House

Ok for the record she was not scared. She had looked over at me to make sure I knew it was Minnie Mouse. The next picture clearly shows her smile.
Tammy, Sadie & Minnie Mouse

Trav and the Family waiting for the Toon Town Rollercoaster Ride
Jill, Jace, Sadie & I took our time heading to Tomorrow Land while Trav, Spencer and Kyson ran over there for the Jedi training show. Which by the way both Spencer and Kyson got picked to go on stage to fight Darth Vader. Travis said it was really cool.
So we found an ice cream stand cuz Jill-bee wanted a chocolate covered banana for her birthday. Here are a couple pictures of Jace with his ice cream.

The Castle during the day


We got to take Sadie on the Winnie the Pooh ride which was really cute. She liked it alot. We took her a couple times because there was no line.
Sadie loves her cousins and Kyson was such a big help with her.
Kyson and Sadie

Peek-a-boo, I see you.
Poor Jace was exhausted and fell asleep on Trav's shoulders.
We went on a few more rides, ate dinner and headed to the front gate. We were all tired and done for the day.
Here is a great shot of the castle all lit up at Christmas Time.


There were so many people in the streets waiting for the fireworks. It was completely crazy. We headed back to the Tram and watched the Fire works from there. Then we headed to the hotel were I packed up. Sadie and I headed for home and we got home around 1am. I know I probably should have stayed, but I wanted to get Sadie home. Her cough was getting worse.
Which now that we got home, Sunday, Sadie couldn't keep anything down so Steve stayed home with her on Monday and took her to the doctor where we found out she has an upper respiratory infection. Sorry baby. Then Monday night during the football game I got violently sick. I was sick all night and then Steve got sick early Tuesday morning so we all stayed home from work and daycare on Tuesday. I guess Sunday was more like the flu. We are all feeling better now and are getting back into our normal routine.


2 comments:

Rach n Adam said...

I am so jealous! I LOVE Disneyland, especially at Christmas time! How fun! Cute pics!

Jill-Bee said...

Loved the pics! We did have fun!! The kids can't stop talking about it! When are we going again? Soon I hope!!