Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Crafty Self!

My brother Shane is a big Denver Broncos fan. Well he and his wife Suzanne are expecting their first child and sure enough its a boy! Suzanne's baby shower is August 29th, so I had to hurry and whip up a blanket. Here is the results...

My previous post mentioned that I was going to do some crafts with my friend. I believe I've mentioned before what a hard time I'm having keeping Sadie quiet at Church. Well I came up with this idea to help keep the piece.

I bought a dry erase/magnet board and glued felt on the back and took ribbon and trimmed the entire board. I also got some pre-made wooden animal shapes and a bunch of "bath time" letters and numbers and glued magnets on the back. We also got a bunch of fabric with fun characters and shapes to make into felt characters and shapes. We ran out of time for that project so that's for another day. I'll post pictures of that project later. Here is the results...


It really didn't cost that much to do. The tub of letters and numbers I found at Target and were only $9 and there was enough for two. The magnet board and fabric/felt/ribbon we got at walmart as well as the wooden animals. Walmart also has peel and stick magnets for really cheap. So find a friend and split the costs, and have fun in the process.

0 comments: