Friday, August 14, 2009

Etna Trip July 2009

We went to Etna for the 4th of July this year. There are a lot of things we did so I'm going to break it up. Below are just random pictures. The big events we did while we were there I'll post separate.
We stayed with Gma & Gpa Eastlick and were very happy when Auntie Karina and Alyssa came down to join us for a couple of days. We were able to stay for just over a week, which hasn't happened in a long time. Usually it's only for an extended weekend. The weather was PERFECT and there were beautiful thunder and lightning storms.

As you can see Sadie was extremely happy. She loved being in the outdoors and playing with dirt, bark or anything she wasn't supposed to.

Sitting on the Gma & Gpa's front steps
This is Etna's park. This was the second time we went up. This time Alyssa was able to come and had fun pushing Sadie on the swing.

We made it game. Everytime she swung back she'd give a high 5.





Gpa Eastlick made this t-shirt for Sadie when she was a tiny baby. She is finally able to where it now. She had a lot of fun climbing up and down the play equipment.

While we were there Sadie and I went and visited Great, Great Grandma Johnson

I love this picture and I'll tell you why. This chair has been in my Great Grandma's house as far back as I can remember. We used to sit in it when we were kids and turn on the massager. Sadly the buttons no longer work, but I wanted to get a picture of Sadie in this chair.
Great Great Grandma Johnson (turning 98 in November 2009) & Sadie

I put this picture in to also capture a nostalgic moment. This bookshelf, as you can see, has pictures of all my Great Grandma's children and some of their families pictures.

So Sadie was done "behaving" so Alyssa walked up and got Sadie. (Gma Johnson lives on the same street as Steve's parents) So Mom and I were able to have dinner and play games with Gma Johnson.
Now let me tell you, my Gma Johnson is the game Queen. She loves to play games and has instilled that in her grandkids and great grandkids. We had a great time. And for the record I won twice and both Gma and Mom only once. (Yay for me!)

One time we went up to the Park there was a Mommy group there with their kids. So Sadie got to play with a bunch of new friends while Steve and I got to catch up with some old ones.

Gma Eastlick and Sadie out front

Alyssa and Sadie

Gpa Eastlick got a new puppy, Patches, she is a very hyper dog and she and Sadie got along very well. They chased eachother around the house for a whole week.
Friday before we left, we went up to Papa & Gma Facey's house for a wonderful dinner and great conversation. I really miss going to their house every Sunday after church, and not just for the food.
Tammy, Sadie, Aileen (Mom), Ken (Dad), Valeda (Gma) and Albert (Papa)

0 comments: