Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dana Point, California

We had such a great day on Saturday in Dana Point. First we started off with a breakfast over looking the beach. BEAUTIFUL! Then we went down to the beach so we could play in the water and sand and I could practice with my camera.

Here is a view from our hotel room.
Here is a picture of our resort.
(Believe it or not this was taken through a chain link fence.)

Here is a picture of the beach in front of our resort. Beautiful Huh?! The beach also has fire pits on it. It was beautiful at night to look out from our balcony and see the beach dotted with camp fires.
After we played on the beach we decided to head toward the park. I got some pictures of the seagulls there and we watched a few games of Beach Volleyball. There were a lot of nets set up and there were some great games going on.
Then we headed to the wharf and the little shops. It was a nice morning browsing through the shops walking up and down the docks. Then we had lunch at the "Brig" a cute little restaurant.
Here is Steve with his dream boat.
Only 1/2 a million dollars. But man was it nice.
After we went to the wharf we headed back to the resort and took a nap. Boring I know but I didn't get much sleep the night before tossing and turning (missing Sadie).
Then we went back down to the beach to get some sunset pictures. I think they turned out pretty good. I've only posted a couple here but the rest will be on my photography blog.


*WARNING: MUSHY STUFF*
I just can't believe it's been 15 years. It seems like yesterday that we were newly weds in the trailer in Etna. Man things have changed since then but some things have stayed the same. It's hard to believe but I actually love Steve now more than I did then. Everyday I thank Heavenly Father for bringing him into my life. He is such a great man, a little rough around the edges but a good man nonetheless. If there is one thing I know its that he loves me just as much as I love him. We certainly have had our ups and downs but our love has always remained constant.
He is such a great dad. He truly loves Sadie from the bottom of his heart and there isn't anything else I could ask for. He works really hard to take care of us. I may not show my appreciation all the time but I know that there isn't anything we can't work through. I am so very grateful for him and the past 15 years. I can't wait to see what the next 15 will bring us.

After we got some really good photos on the beach we headed to Albertson's and got the fixings for a Steak dinner. The great thing about our Resort, each room has a barbeque on the balcony. So instead of going out again we opted to stay in barbeque and watch a movie. It's always much more relaxing and cheaper than going out and I didn't mind. I was content just to have the sliding door open so I could hear the ocean.
We had such a great time. I'm so very grateful for Sierra Huang and Jordan Kirklin for taking care of my precious baby. She had such a great time that it didn't even phase her when she walked in and we were home. We are planning on taking Sadie down to Dana Point at the end of April. We think she will have a really great time and hopefully I'll be able to sleep a little better.

0 comments: