Monday, November 3, 2008

Nice Quiet Rainy Weekend

Yep that's right...it rained in Bakersfield! Sadie was very interested in how she was getting wet outside. We took a video but it's on our video camera. I'll upload it later. So it was a little chilly in the morning and I had things I needed to accomplish so I dressed Sadie and put her in her play area.


I emptied the box of huggies and gave her the box. I'd heard of stories about kids not playing with the toy they got but playing with the box. I have to tell you it's true! She played and played all day long with that box. She talked to the little girl on the outside and kissed her. She explored the inside of the box all the while watching some classic Disney movies. We finally had to get rid of the box after she climbed on top and almost ate the entire corner. (time for frozen waffles)




Playing inside the Huggies box





Dancing to Monsters Inc.

Sunday came with an extra hour. So we all were up pretty early. But while I was getting ready for Church my precious Angel fell asleep. I told Steve after Church that we need to do this every Sunday. She was so good at Church. We stayed for all three hours! YAY!

I was even sane enought to bear my testimony this week. I handed Sadie off to Kelli & Keith Knabe who held Sadie while I went up to the pulpit. She did really well all through Sacrament meeting and did a lot better with the water this time. I had cheerios that she munched on. I took her baby food and Jordan helped me feed her during Sunday School and then she slept for most of Relief Society.

Steve said I needed to caption this "Momma takes too long getting dressed"



It was such a great lazy, cold, rainy weekend. I really didn't want it to end. We all slept long and took long naps. Steve made Stuffed Bell Peppers which were really good. Sadie wasn't as cranky as last weekend so that was a plus. We think she is going through a growth spurt though. This morning when we were brushing our teeth, yes Sadie has her own tooth brush, I noticed there was another tooth starting to come through on top. I also noticed her front tooth that was out went back in a bit too. So now it looks like Sadie is teething 4 teeth all at once. My poor baby, no wonder she knawed on that Huggies box. Like I said earlier time for the Waffles.

0 comments: