Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yesterday was a GOOD day!

Let's begin at the beginning shall we?! Well yesterday Sadie woke up in a very good mood. She was laughing and watching Johnny & the Sprites. Yep that's one of her favorite morning shows. (It has muppets in the show.) So we got dressed and I decided to take a few photos since I hadn't in a while and also because she was wearing her cupcake shirt. Her Auntie Velsa from my work really loves cupcakes so we try and get pictures for her.



Here are few photos of her in the morning watching her shows while I finished getting dressed.






Then on the way out to the car I realized our tree was a pretty fall color so I snapped a couple of photos of us in front. Really candid shot and remember it's like 6:45 in the morning.






Then at lunch I decided to finally bite the bullet and chop off my hair. That's right CHOP. It actually turned out cute. But I have to share the story of the cutting experience. Well you know we are really pinching pennies right now so I decided to go to Super Cuts. They have always done a nice job. So I decided to go to the one next door to Chipotle. (had it been a little later I'd have gotten me some lunch don't ya know)



Anyway there were two girls, ok they were younger than me so they were girls, working. The gal who did my hair was talking to the other girl about their school that they went to for hair. Well anyway they are talking about how they didn't know crap about when they graduated and that the instructors all said they'd learn on the job and then she got a job there at Supercuts. Ok so they are talking about this while she is CUTTING my hair. I'm thinking to myself what the heck did I get myself into? That type of conversation should not be going on while you're cutting someone's hair. I almost started laughing because here I am sitting in the chair the gal has my hair in her hands and is cutting it and she is talking about not knowing what she's doing. You have to admit it's a bit comical. Then the other gal piped in that she failed the board test twice. So at that point I was actually thankful that I had the girl that I did. But anyway I think considering the above story, my hair turned out ok.

Before: 10-31-08

After: 11-19-08


Ok then Steve, Sadie and I got to go to Dawni, Katie's & Rylie's house for dinner. Unfortunately we didn't get to visit with Dawni, a problem we will soon have to solve. But we had pizza and wedges and GREAT company. The girls played really well and we had great conversation. Thanks for a great dinner Katie!



Then when we got home I went through the mail and found a package from Steve's Mom. About a week or so ago she had sent me an email about "Off to the Movies" a place I used to work at, was going out of business. Well two Thanksgiving's ago I had gone in and got me a crystal but since then it got lost. So I asked Judy to see if they had a couple for cheap. I wanted one for my car and I wanted to hang on in Sadie's window. So she found a couple of really cute ones. Thank you Judy for your gift I love them.

She also included those small wash cloths that you can get at the dollar store that are all tiny and expand when you get them wet. Sadie absolutely loved them. She played with them the whole rest of the night.


Well at one point I looked over at her and she had this odd look on her face. She had one of the compacted wash cloths in her hand and it looked like she was trying to bend it in half. Her whole body was shaking with concentration and force and the look on her face was priceless. I thought it would be a one time deal but she kept doing it all night so I finally got a video. It's so hysterically funny. Here are some pictures of her and also a couple other videos.





Dancing to the "Sadie" song






Oh have I mentioned she's walking? I haven't gotten good footage of it yet but as soon as I do I'll let you know.


Showing off her impressive Balancing Skills...



Watching Little Einsteins




This one is short but I just love her smile. She is smiling at Little Einsteins



5 comments:

Sandy said...

Tammy I love your new SASSY hair style!!!! With that great balance Sadie has, she'll be ready for Steve's old skate board soon! It looks like she has the balance he was lacking when he was younger!!

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Wow. You did have a GOOD day.
Your hair looks very cute...and my oh my that is not a conversation you want to hear in a hair salon---would you want to hear Doctors discussing how they failed their exams while they are operating on you??
Funny.

Well, to answer your sewing question. I am just a beginner when it comes to sewing. I am dummy at that. I bought bend-the-rules sewing and it has easy cute projects to sew. I have made several projects from that book. I love it!

PS How sad Off to the Movies is closing. Are the Mendenhalls still around?

Tam said...

Thank you. I do like the new cut. It is so much easier and actually Sadie likes it a lot more too.

I will have to get that book. It sounds like a great beginner book for me.

As far as I know the Mendenhall's are still around. I actually just found out that Melanie Ford and Nick got married and I do believe they are still in Etna. It is really sad that Off to the Movies is closing. It's a sign of the times.

Carianne said...

Hilarious! It is true you don't really learn anything in beauty school. Either you have the talent for it or you work really hard. I am glad your hair turned out good. I would have been so scared. I have always liked your hair shorter. I miss doing hair. It has been over a year now. Who knows if I will ever go back. All the kids keep me soooo busy!

Jill-Bee said...

Tam-

Call me we need to talk Twilight!

Jill