Tuesday, November 11, 2008

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY

What is a Veteran? A “veteran” whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to, and including his life.” That is HONOR, and there are too many Americans in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

I just wanted to say thank you to all my family and friends who have served in the military. I also want to say thank you to all the service men and women who have served or who are currently serving this wonderful country. Today is for you. Today is to remember those who have fallen to help keep this a free country. I am so truly blessed to live in this wonderful country. I can honestly say that I feel safe and secure due to the efforts of those who serve.
Thank you, God Bless you and Be Safe!


No Picture - Theron Toler my sister-in-laws Dad.
I don't have a good picture of him but he did serve in the Air Force.

This is a picture of my friend Dawni's Brother (Dude) and some of his fellow service men.
I don't have a picture of my Papa, Albert Facey, while serving in the Korean war but I wanted to make sure I got a picture of him on here as well.

This is retired Navy Chief Karina Eastlick, Steve's sister.

This is my husband Steve during boot camp.



This is my late grandfather Lindsey Hildebrand. He served his country during World War II. He was in Normandy.






4 comments:

Dawni said...

This is such a thoughtful and inspiring entry Tams. Thanks for acknowledging my brother. I'll have to let him know! I love you girly.

Hirsche Family said...

Tammy! I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! I too have been trying to reconnect with people from Etna lately. I have e-mailed Karen Robeson and Kristine Boudro quite a bit. Your daughter is beautiful! This entry about Veteran's Day is great too. You have some fabulous photos. Your dad looks so much like your Grandpa Hildebrand!

Rach n Adam said...

That is so neat that you have so many veterans in your family, and what an honor is if for them! I am so grateful for their service in protecting and defending our way of life.

Mike&JenFamily said...

Tammy,
It is so good to hear from you. I can't believe the people I have come in contact with through blogging. Your baby girl is darling and you guys look like you are loving parenthood.
BTW-thanks for the awesome post to celebrate Veteran's Day. We truly are blessed to live in this country.
Jenny