Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fun Family Home Evening

That's right, last night Sadie and I went to a Yes on 8 Rally. It was a lot of fun. There was a great turn out. We had people on every corner of Stockdale & California. The news showed up and everything. There were many different religions that turned out as well which was AWESOME!

Sadie had a good time. When we first got there she was in her stroller but by the time we left I had taken her out and she was helping me wave my sign. Which I believe ROCKED! I made it myself. I had it on a long dowel which was great because I could wave it really high for everyone to see. Sadie enjoyed all the honking of the supporters as they drove by and all the lights. My good friend Carianne and her brother's family were there. She and her husband Jared actually organized this rally. They did a great job.

A lady who supports this proposition asked me if I was raising my child to be activist. Not in a judgemental way but in an awed way. I told her that I'm not an activist but I fight for what I believe in and that's what I want to instill in my daughter. I also want her to know that I fought for her and our religious beliefs. I want her to know that she has a voice and that every person's vote matters. I know there is a lot of opposition especially for this proposition but if I don't take a stand and show others that I'm willing to sacrifice my time for what I believe then what kind of an example am I setting for my daughter? I want her to grow up a strong and independent woman and I feel this is one step towards that.

MAKE SURE YOU VOTE....BECAUSE EVERY VOTE COUNTS!




We had a lot of fun on the corner. Waving at people and getting them to honk.



Carianne is the blonde on the right & her Brother's family.








Momma giving a narration of the evening's events.

Sadie waving our YES ON 8 sign.

1 comments:

Carianne said...

Thanks for coming to the rally. It was nice to see you again and to finally meet Sadie. She's a cutie! It was great to have so many people out there. We stayed until about 7:45. There were still plenty of people there. I am anxious to find out the results tonight. I can barely stand it. Thanks again for coming and for taking our picture.