Monday, November 10, 2008

Pressing Forward in Faith.

* I've deleted my previous statement from this morning. *

My apologies for not being more compassionate. Please don't think I want the protestors to picket at other churches. It's just scary watching the news and seeing all the protestors at the Temple. Our place of refuge, peace and love. It's hard to see all of the hate that is surrounding it. But I also know that the outside hate and bitterness can not penetrate those walls. I just read my friend Alison's blog and she is so eloquent in her writing, so compassionate and loving. I should not have started my entry out the way I did and for that I apologize.

Alison stated that she loves the protestors, and I do too. We are not bigots or full of hate. We are merely voicing our beliefs and standing up for what we believe in. She said it all much better than I but it's true. Faith is an action word and this is going to be a time of testing that Faith for people of our Church. I for one have faith that God will prevail. Satan is really working the hearts of the people and trying to stir them up. This isn't over by far but we must stand fast and press forward in faith. Faith that we have a Loving Heavenly Father who loves each and every one of us...member or not. Faith in our leaders. Faith in ourselves that we will stand up for what is right and act when asked and needed.

I know this is not a simple task but as Alison pointed out we have to work at it. Faith is an action word. I know we will get through this but we will need the support of our families, friends, ward families and leaders. Satan is real! He is working hard against us and that is not a comforting thought. We must make sure that we are diligient and not let him sneak through the chinks of our armor. It's disheartening to know that we are the Church that so many have decided is the enemy. But what can we do? This is not the first time our Church has been targeted by hatred. I know that I believe in this church, I support my leaders and I know that through faith and love all will turn out alright in the end.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the patrons that work daily at the Temples that are being targeted and have to walk through the hate and bitterness. I love you and love that you are so strong to continue your work.

1 comments:

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

I must of missed what has been going on with the protesting??
Good words in remembering to press on.

Read Philippians 3

Blessings to you.