Friday, October 24, 2008

Following Up

So I mentioned in an early post that I would post about this past weekend. Well Saturday, Sadie and I got to go to Village Grill for Breakfast with the girls. The girls included, Katie, Rylie, Dawni, Mandi and Jennifer. Now to give a little background. Back in the day we all worked at MS Walker together and we would have Friday girl's lunch. Slowly but surely people started leaving until it's just Katie and I. We still try to get together as often as we can but you know how it is, life happens and sometimes and unintentionally our friends get swept aside for daily living. Well Sunday, October 12 was Jennifer's birthday and Monday, October 13th was Mandi & Jeremiah's 1 year Anniversary. So what a better excuse than to get together and celebrate. It was a nice breakfast and we all got to catch up with eachother. And Jennifer finally got to meet Sadie. Yep it's been that long!

Then after breakfast we drove to Katie and Dawni's new house. Well they aren't in it yet but they will be in a couple of weeks. We walked around the back yard and Rylie and Sadie played and had a wonderful time. Dawni took lots of pictures and I'll post them as soon as I can. I have to say I love their new place and they are going to have a great time living together. There are times that I miss not having the roommate experience but I wouldn't trade Steve for anything.

Well Sunday found that Sadie has grown out of all her dresses. UGH. So I made a make-shift outfit with a skirt I found that was a little snug. She looked cute, but I told Steve we must get this child a couple of dresses. Anyhoo. We got all packed up and headed to church. I decided that this week I was going to sit in the back next to the door so I could easily escape. Those with little ones know what I'm talking about. Sadie is still trying to grasp the inside voice concept. This week I also decided since we are giving her food now that I needed to start giving her the Sacrament.

Yep, that's right. It was her first week taking the Sacrament. She ate the bread fine and got mostly half the water down. The other half was on her bib or my shirt. This week we are going to take lots of snacks and extra juice and try and stay for all of Church. I talked to my Mom when we got home and I explained to her that Noon is Sadie's lunch time and she becomes a crazy child but I don't want to feed her baby food at church cuz it takes a bit of corraling and I'm not sure I can do it. So she suggested just taking extra snacks and letting her eat those for her lunch. So that's what we are going to try and do this week. January our meetings start at 9am again so I don't think it will be as bad. I just need to make it to then. Anyone with any helpful hints or tips please let me know!! I'm doing this on my own so it's been a bit of a trial and error process. But I know I need to stay for all of Church if she will let me.

Here are a couple of pictures of her after Church. Please ignore the laundry basket in the background.










0 comments: