Thursday, October 30, 2008

Power Tools Always Make Pumpkin Carving More Fun!

"UGH! You didn't tell me you were going to kill it!" ~ It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

Yep that's right we had an good ole' fashion pumpkin gutting last night. My husband's philosophy "Power tools make it more fun", you guessed it. Instead of knives Steve used his dremel tool. As you can see Sadie was very fascinated. I hurried and got my pumpkin done so I could help should the need arise. I think it took him longer to write down what he wanted on the pumpkin than it actually took to carve it.





Does this face remind you of anyone?
Puss 'N Boots from Shrek perhaps?
She was very tired.

She did really well sitting in her high chair while I worked on my pumpkin.

Sadie's 1st Pumpkin Guts


Let the playing begin.

Pumpkin Guts are Sticky Da!

Tasting the pumpkin guts

Sadie Helping Momma with her Pumpkin

Ok at this point I had just taken a picture and the flash blinded Steve. Not a good decision considering he had a power tool in his hand.

Momma's Pumpkin

Momma's Pumpkin with the green night light inside it!

Sadie playing with the pumpkin's mouth. She really like it.

Playing with the Carved Pumpkin

Sadie posing with Momma's pumpkin. Ignore the green night light.

Da's Pumpkin. If you can't read it, it says "Sadie 2008"

Da's pumpkin with the green night light inside


Sadie with the final product.

If you can't tell she was really tired by this point. If you look closely you'll also see the 1st of probably many battle wounds. We don't know how but we have the when narrowed down. It doesn't seem to bother her so she's good.


3 comments:

Papa Randy said...

Way cute. Thanks Steve for not cutting your hands off. Pumpkin guts can be so gross. Sadie is so adorble.

Mom E said...

So gross, trying to feed her
"pumpkin guts"---Steve, I thought
I taught you better.

Karina said...

Leave it to Steve to carve and pumpkin with a dremel tool and then try to feed Sadie pumpkin guts! Once a nut....always a nut!