Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mommy & Me Time

I have been reading all my friends blogs lately and have been really wishing I could stay home with Sadie. Steve and I talked about it again this weekend and we are hoping we have a two year plan. I've been so impressed with all my friends' blogs with the activities they do with their kids and all the different things they are able to accomplish with being home. I really hope our plan works. I've really been feeling like I've been missing out on a lot of Sadie time.

Last night when I got home I decided that Sadie and I haven't been able to play in the back yard for a while. So we ventured into the back yard for some good ole' fashioned Mommy and Me time. She has really been working hard on walking and I thought it would be a safe environment to continue working on that. She is getting really good. She'll walk while holding your hand now. You don't even have to really hold her hand. I think it's more of a security thing than a helping thing. Every day at Kimmi's (daycare), Kimmi's husband Henry works with Sadie to try and get her to walk. She is just really independent (we call it stubborn) and will walk when she's ready Kimmi says.

Here are some fun pictures and a couple of videos from last night. It was really fun and Daisy enjoyed us being outside. She and Sadie get along really good now and they both love each other. Daisy is really protective of her which is what we were hoping for.

Tonight we are going to carve our pumpkins we got on Saturday. It's still in the 80's here in good ole Bakersfield, so we thought the pumpkins wouldn't last until Friday if we carved them last weekend. So we are doing it tonight. I'll make sure to post some pictures and hopefully a couple of videos of Sadie helping.

Tomorrow is our Ward's Halloween Party. We are excited about it. Rylie, Katie and Ally are going to come with us. We are even going to decorate our truck. Ok I say decorate but really we are just putting our 6 foot Frankinstein in the back of the truck and plugging it into the truck. It's a quick and easy decoration. I'll make sure I get a picture.







Watching Daisy and practicing her balance.


Walking Around the Back yard while holding my hand.

She really liked the retaining wall. It was a nice security blanket for her.

Trying on her own.

0 comments: