Monday, October 27, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!


Well let me first start off by saying this was not a fun weekend at the Eastlick house hold. Sadie got her shots on Friday and is still cutting two teeth. So she was running a temperature and was a bit cranky and clingy. But for the sake of new family traditions and the Holiday's we put on our happy faces on, pulled ourselves together and ventured to the Pumpkin Patch Saturday morning.

For those that don't know me too well, I love traditions. I love cartoons and I love it when they go together! So as you can imagine I was very happy when it came my turn to visit the pumpkin patch and start a family tradition of our own. Watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and carving our pumpkins comes tonight for Family night.

Side note: Sadie is our Linus. You see that picture of Linus on the cover of the video? That's Sadie, although her blanket is pink with fringe. I told Steve we needed to start calling her Linus. But I digress...

We got to visit Murray Farms on Saturday morning. They have a great little place just off Highway 58. They have a hay ride, which we didn't go on, A Hay maze, which we didn't participate in, a petting zoo, which was a big hit and a great little indoor market. We decided to wait until next year when Sadie is bigger to take part in the other attractions. We found a great pumpkin and got some great oranges. Inside the Market there is a skeleton which we came to find out, Sadie didn't like. (see video below)

They had a bunch of pumpkins out front with it decorated for the season. We got some great pictures of Sadie with those pumpkins. Wait did I say pictures? I guess that would mean I'd have to have my camera right? Wrong. I couldn't find it and Steve left his at home. So we used our video camera. The quality isn't as good as my camera but I wasn't going to miss the opportunity for a photo op. We also got a great video of Sadie with the pumpkins. Oh and thank you to Kimmi (daycare) who gave us the great 1st Trick or Treat bib. It went perfectly for my Halloween/Pumpkin Patch theme I was going for!















Sadie was very patient while we posed her for the pictures and while we shopped. Wasn't thrilled about the skeleton but we made it up to her at the petting zoo. Unfortunately we only have a couple of pictures since I didn't plan to well and my shirt decided it didn't want to stay up for the pictures. UGH! Anyway here are a couple of pictures and video of the petting zoo. Upon further contemplation I've decided not to upload the entire video. I will have to edit and upload it at another time. Remind me never to wear that shirt again!

She loves animals!

Ew Da, I have stuff on my hands now.

Outside the Petting zoo they had a play area for the kids. Sadie liked this chair immensely.




Scary Skeleton Video!


Don't we look happy? This was after the Skeleton. Need I say more?

1 comments:

Karina said...

Awww...Tammy! Dont scare the baby!
Poor thing will be scarred for life!

Auntie Karina and Alyssa