Thursday, October 9, 2008

Learned Behaviour

Well Sadie has finally accomplished the art of clapping. Yes it's true. I've been working with her for about a week now trying to get her to understand that her hands have to meet in order for there to be sound.

Yesterday when I picked her up from Kimmi's (daycare) she crawled right to me stood up and started clapping. I was so proud. So now then later that night while we were watching Little Einsteins she actually clapped. She was very proud of herself to say the least.

We've decided we are going to get her a push walker this weekend. She is really ready to start walking but is afraid to take that first step without holding on to something. She is walking along the couch really fast now so I know it's just a matter of time. There is a nice second hand store a couple blocks from our house so we are going to investigate to see if they have any walkers.

I'll upload a video of her clapping as soon as I can catch her. She is quick and thinks it's a game to stop whatever she was doing just as I start to film her.

I've created a monster. Figuratively speaking of course! She's more like a monkey!

2 comments:

Papa Randy said...

If you are happy and you know it clap your hands. Or something like that.

Rach n Adam said...

Hey!!! I came across your blog! How are you?? You have a baby girl! Congrats on that! I miss you and so many others from Bakersfield! Do you still visit St. George??