Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend of Fun and Reading

When my parents went to Utah in August my Mom got the Twilight books that my sister-in-law said she needed to read. My mom loved them so much she got me a set so I could read them. So I finally made the plung and decided to read the Twilight Series Books by Stephenie Meyer. I've been slowly reading them for the past two weeks and last night I finished the last one. I couldn't stand it...I had to finish it last night. They were all very well written and can't wait for her next project. Twilight is being made into a movie right now and it will open before the end of the year. I will definitely be going to see that for a number of reasons. One being the story was excellent and I believe the movie will be just as good. The other reason is the main character Edward is being played by a Harry Potter actor. He played Cedric in the Harry Potter movies.



Saturday morning I had an appointment to have Sadie's pictures done in her costume. So Steve made the suggestion that maybe I should try on the costume prior to going so I knew what I needed. Smarty pants. Here are a couple of pictures of her playing on the bed in her costume. Her professional pictures turned out really well. I'll post them as soon as I get them scanned. After Sadie and I got home I made Steve take a break from working in the garage on a new stand for his router and we got to finish "We Are Marshall". It was a good movie. It of course made me cry but really it's an emotional sports movie. I really didn't stand a chance.



Sunday morning I got Sadie all dressed up for church. Rylie had given us some of her old clothes and shoes. Sadie looked really cute. She had a Winnie-the-pooh dress with cute tights and a sweater and she wore her new (to her) mary jane shoes. She was really cute. Unfortunately we didn't make it through all of church. She is cutting an upper tooth and the bottom tooth isn't in all the way yet so there was a lot of drool and fussiness going on. I at least made it for most of Sacrament which was an accomplishment.

After Sadie and I got home from Church we found Steve working in the garage yet again but this time working on the pantry for the kitchen. So Sadie and I went back and forth from being inside to helping or watching Steve. Sadie loves to sit in her high chair and watch Steve work. He had the Dallas game on the radio in the garage while I had the 49er game on in the living room. UGH both lost. But we had fun listening and watching the games all while helping Steve and me reading here and there in my book.

Here are a couple of pictures from Sunday before church. I didn't get a good full length picture but I will strive to do so next time.






2 comments:

Papa Randy said...

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say high at church. Both of you looked cute. My contest is for family only. It's a good thing you are my sister so your gueess is cool. I think it may be low. Your family gets 6 guesses. Take your best shot.

Jill-Bee said...

I just finished my 5th time through twlight and 5th time through book 3. Love em and Love you! Jill