Friday, October 31, 2008

Sadie's First Halloween Party

Oh where to begin? What could have gone wrong did! First the wind was blowing so hard all day long, I was quite nervous that we might actually get blown away. I was able to find out that the Halloween party got moved inside. However because of the weather Katie & Rylie decided to pass on the party. They weren't the only ones come to find out when I got home. When I got home Steve was laying in bed with Sadie playing. He was tired and couldn't breathe.

I know I shouldn't have been mad because he really couldn't breathe, but I was. He wasn't going to the party now. I understood but I didn't understand. If that makes sense. I understood because he couldn't breathe bottom line. But I didn't understand because it was Sadie's first Halloween party, and it wasn't like we were doing anything else. I understand that she isn't going to remember a lot of this time but I will. I know it's a little selfish but it's hard not to feel that way. We, ok I, have waited so long for a child to actually do all these things with so it was hard for me to understand.

So needless to say I didn't take the truck nor the Frankenstien to the party. Sadie was already really tired when we got there at 6:45. I got to see a few friends. I tried to eat a frito boat but miss Sadie wasn't having it. So I let her crawl around. Problem was there was a bunch of kids playing basketball and she kept trying to get in the middle of their game. I told Steve later it was like she was trying to tell them they weren't doing it right. Then we walked across the stage in her cute costume during the Halloween Costume Parade. Papa Randy was the MC which made it fun.

After that though Sadie was DONE! So we didn't even get to do the trunk or treat part of the evening. It made me a little sad but I'll get over it. Tonight we'll pass out candy and she'll enjoy that.


Samantha Huang & Sadie

Sierra Huang & Sadie
Papa Randy
Sierra as Betty Crocker
(note the cupcake apron. she made it from no pattern that day)


Sadie taking a break

She almost walked a couple of times.

Sadie crawling around the gym.
I had to take her booties off though. She kept slipping.

0 comments: