Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yep That's Right...Another Year Older!

33 Years and Counting!
That's right! It's my birthday again. You know it's funny, I have no problem posting about other people's achievements, birthdays or anything like that but when it comes to me it's hard to do something like this for myself.
I thought about that this morning when I got up and thought, Sadie will be ticked off later on in life if you don't document something about your birthday. So I took my camera with me to work and documented my day.

The morning was quiet (for a change) so I was able to get some work done around the office. I hadn't decided what I was going to do for lunch yet though. My friend were really busy at work and we had made arrangements to go to lunch on Friday and Steve was super busy. So I decided to go to lunch by myself. Usually I eat at my desk so it was a nice change.
So I decided to go to Jake's Tex Mex and get a taco salad and a slice of chocolate cake. (I usually get this cake for my birthday anyway.)
This was my lunch. Yes I know there were two pieces of cake, and no I didn't eat them both in one day. Doesn't that Salad look awesome. It tasted good too.
Here is a picture of inside Jake's. It's small but it's really good food.

Do you know how you can tell you have friends who love you? Well when those friends show up at your office with flowers and a balloon even though they had a super busy and stressful morning. I'm so glad I got back to the office when I did because I almost missed Katie.
Thank you Katie Bug!
At my desk
I also got this awesome card, signed by everyone at work. When you open it, it plays "Can't Touch This" It's pretty funny.
When I got home Sadie didn't want to put the balloon down.
Here's a video of me opening my birthday present. Thank you Steve!
I got Sadie dressed and we headed out. My other Awesome friend who loves me very much, offered to watch Sadie for us while Steve and I went out to dinner.
Thanks Susan!
Steve and I went to Hungry hunter. We had a coupon and what we thought were gift certificates. Alas due to the economic situation the company that issued the said gift certificates closed so they were no longer good. Ah well, it was a good meal anyway.They sat us right next to the fire place. It was nice and cozy and romantic.
I asked the waitress to get our picture.
Note: I made an 8X8 digital book of just Steve and I. I had a free coupon from Shutterfly. While I was doing this however I realized that Steve and I don't have a lot of pictures with just the two of us. I'm usually taking the pictures. So I decided that starting this year that was going to change.
My complimentary slice of cake (which Steve ate since I already had my cake from Jake's)
In the car on the way home.
Do you know just how much I love my husband? I bet you don't! I bet he doesn't know either! But I truly love him so much that I don't know what my life would be like without him. He is my very best friend. He puts up with all my craziness and loves in spite of it.
Momma and Sadie on our way home.
Isn't she so cute. I can honestly say she is the best thing I have ever done!
This was my birthday present from Steve. He saw how much we had fun on Saturday so he went around and found a copy.
Bummer part of putting the picture on the blog, Steve said now I had to post a video of me playing it. So I do apologize. Here it is.
Overall it was a great day. I got to spend time with the people I love. I had friends who showed me how much they care about me. Now I ask you what could be better than that!

0 comments: