Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sadie's Disneyland Birthday!

Let me first start off by saying I'm sorry you have to see so many pictures of me, but alas there isn't much you can do about that now is there?! HA! I also found my future job at Disneyland but I'll go into more details about that later. Oh and if you didn't know, starting this year on your birthday you get in for free.
Sadie and I started off to Disneyland on her birthday, just the two of us. It was a Mommy/Daughter day from the beginning. She was really in a good mood and she slept the entire way down there. We didn't hit too bad of traffic so we got there in about two and a half hours.
Yes I know this is a picture in the bathroom but I thought it was really cute.


Sadie on the tram going to Disneyland theme park.


When we arrived at the park we received a photo pass. Apparently now they have photographers throughout the park just waiting for you to get your pictures taken. Once you take your pictures they scan your photo pass and poof they are magically uploaded to your card. We got a lot of pictures but I haven't gotten my CD of those yet so I'll upload them at a later time.

NOTE: This is my future job. Yes if anyone knows me you know that I've always said I would work for Disneyland one day. I may be 80 years old and a greeter but I will work for them. Well now they've created a job for me. I can now do the two things I am passionate about. Disneyland and Photography and have the best job in the world. It was so kind of them to do this for me. I have to tell you if we lived closer I'd be working there now.

But I digress. Here is a picture of Sadie getting her bottle while we map out our day.

Disneyland


When our snack time was over we headed over to the Birthday area. There is a restaurant that catering to birthdays. And you can also get your birthday pin. I was only able to keep it on her for a few minutes. Just long enough to get a couple of pictures because she kept playing with the sharp end and I didn't want her to draw blood. So we pinned it to her stroller.


Happy Birthday Sadie!


Fantasyland

Then we headed to Fantasyland. We got a few pictures taken in front of the castle with Tinker Bell. They turned out really cute. Then I stopped in one of the seating areas on the draw bridge and took a few pictures.







Snow White Ride Strikes Again!

Well apparently as I child I didn't like the Snow White Ride. I must have passed that fear onto Sadie as she DID NOT like the ride. I have a feeling though it was mainly because of the dark. Not to mention the evil queen jumping out at you.

PETER PAN

Then we ventured on over to Peter pan. The wait said 10 minutes and really it probably took 15 but still that's awesome for Disneyland.

While we were in line, there was a quick rainstorm. It really only lasted 5 minutes and luckily we were under cover of the roof of Peter Pan's ride, so we didn't get wet. Luckily I drape a blanket over Sadie's stroller so I can hide my back pack and so I can quickly find the stroller. So nothing got wet except for the blanket but then it dried quickly.
The reason I think it was the darkness of the Snow White ride is because Sadie didn't like the Peter Pan ride either. And it was just as dark. But nothing jumped out at you.

So instead of going onto another dark ride we opted to stay outside in the sun that was coming through the clouds. So we went on the Carousel ride. Sadie LOVED it. She was even trying to make the horse go faster. (Get ready Papa, she's ready to go horseback riding this summer!)

She was a good rider and only slipped a couple of times. But I was there to catch her.

She was very interested in the mirrors on the inside of the ride.

Here is a jumbled video of the part of the ride.
To be honest I was making my self sick trying to film the ride, hold onto her and keep myself from falling over.

Then it was onto Dumbo. By this time the sun was out and because it had just rained it was really muggy. So we took off a layer and got comfortable. The problem was Sadie was getting REALLY tired. And the wait for Dumbo was about 20 minutes. Still not too bad, but bad when you have a tired girl who was ready for her lunch.
When we got onto the ride though. Things changed.
She was still tired but she was ready to fly with Dumbo.

As you can see in the next couple of pictures she was really tired.
She was a trooper though. She kept playing with the handle that made the elephant go up and down. She really liked that part.
(I wonder if I've passed on my controlling side to her as well? Time will tell.)




Frontierland


Then we headed to the Golden Horseshoe for lunch. When we were almost done eating I realized there was a show about to start so we stayed. As you can see below in all the videos, Sadie LOVED them. She danced and danced in her high chair. There were several people who watched Sadie instead of the show, but who could blame them. If you ever go to Disneyland stop by the Golden Horseshoe and catch Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. It's a great show.


Tiki Room

Still no nap yet. I was trying to keep her awake because we had reservations at the Birthday restaurant for the "Birthday Party" they have there and it was at 2pm. So we headed to the Tiki Room. The show was just about to start so we had enough time to catch the show and then go to the Birthday party.



Let me tell you, once those lights came on, Sadie's head didn't stop moving. There was so much to see. And of course great music, which she loves!

Sadie's Birthday Party
with Pat E. Cake & Mickey & Minnie Mouse

Think it's time for nap yet? We do!

Well we got situated at our table. I choose one a bit further away from everyone in case Sadie didn't make through the whole thing. But she did! She was great!
Sadie was free to get in but it was $17.95 for me. But that's ok we each got our own cake to decorate and a nice drink.

Here is a picture of the undecorated cake.



Part of the "birthday party" is we have a cake decorating contest. Of course everyone wins but it's fun for all the kids and even some of the adults.

Here are our finished cakes:
This one is mine.
I was tired of decorating at this point and wrestling with Sadie to try and keep her fingers our of the icing. So I just mixed all the colors up.
This one is Sadie's.
I tried to be a bit more creative with this one. But it was still a challenge with wrestling Sadie.

We sang songs with the MC Pat E. Cake.
(I'm not joking. That's the characters name)
Of course Sadie loved it because she loves to clap and sing!
Sadie tasting her cake.
(Man does that frosting stain! Luckily just her hands no clothes damage.)

Momma and her tired girl!

Mickey and Minnie Mouse came to share in the party!


We got in line so we could get our pictures taken with them.
By this time Sadie was DONE! Don't you love her expression?!

Minnie, Momma, Sadie & Mickey
Momma, Sadie & Pat E. Cake
Crash and burn time.
This is still at the resturant. She fell asleep on my shoulder after the picture with Pat E. Cake. So I put her in her stroller while I cleaned up.
After we left the restuarant, I walked over to the sillohuette store. One of the main reasons I came down was I wanted to get a sillohuette of Sadie on her 1st birthday. So I walked over the the artist (who is amazingly talented) was working on someone else's portrait. After she was done she came out onto the street and asked if I was going to be getting one done of Sadie. I told her yes but she was asleep and I wanted to see how long she'd be here. She said that she was actually perfect the way she was. (We've known this for quite sometime!) Sadie's head was off to one side so the artist was able to do her sillohuette while she slept in the stroller on the street. Then she did mine. So we have a sillohuette of just Sadie, and then one of Sadie and I together. I have to scan them and when I do I'll upload them.

After we got our sillohuettes we headed over to the Lake and Pirates of the Caribean.
I just sat and watched people and the ducks on the lake while Sadie finished her nap. After that we went on Pirates. She didn't like it at first (darkness again) but once it opened up and you could see all the animated people and there was more light, then she was fine.

Tigger & Pooh Bear

I think the highlight of Sadie's day was when we saw Tigger and Pooh Bear.
After the Pirates ride, we headed on over to the "Hundred Acre Woods".
I found out that Pooh and Tigger were supposed to be arriving any minute for pictures. So we got in line. What was really exciting for Sadie was they let in Tigger and Pooh right in front of us. She literally threw her graham crackers and tried to reach them. It was really cute.
Sadie was so excited to see Pooh Bear
We got some really cute pictures. The bummer part is the characters can't hold Sadie so unless I wanted to leave her in the stroller (yah right) then I had to be in all the pictures too.
Oh well I warned you at the beginning there were lots of pictures with me in them.

We told Tigger how much we loved his show and he was very bashful about it.
Sadie had so much fun though.
Right around the corner from Tigger and Pooh there is a display of honey pots. I thought it was a great photo opt and I was right!

After Pooh Bear and Tigger we were both ready to go home.
Here is Sadie in line waiting for the Tram.

It was a really good day and we had a lot of fun!
I will post the photo pass pictures and sillohuettes as soon as I get them.

1 comments:

Papa Randy said...

Man that's a lot of pics. But they were all cute. Looks like you had a great times. I am so happy for you. Happy birthday Sadie.