Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sadie's First Birthday Party

Finally! I am posting pictures from Sadie's Birthday. It was a lot of fun! My parents and some of my brothers were able to come down to help celebrate. So Friday night our little house got just a little bit smaller. But it's always fun.


Saturday morning I worked on Sadie's cake. I decided (last minute of course) that I wanted to make Sadie a Minnie Mouse shaped cake instead of just a plain round cake. Man was it an experience. I have to say that I am very proud of my homemade butter icing that my mom and grandma Facey taught me how to make. HOWEVER, I made it just a bit too stiff for "decorating" purposes. So Steve helped me somewhat but I have to say when I get an idea in my head I may be a bit stubborn/relucant to have some one help me. So he helped by leaving the kitchen and getting the rest of the house awake and ready for the day.


Steve went to Costco to get the pizzas for th party while we decorated. It was fun. (I highly recommend getting the disposable helium tank and doing your own balloons. It's cheaper and easier to transport) My brothers walked the gated community and created a trail of balloons for the eager partiers.


We ended up having about 30 people there. Family and friends who helped celebrate the first year of Sadie's life. There were only three walking babies and one still immobile so we didn't do that much as far as games goes. We had washers set up but we didn't get to it.


The hit of the party was a little piano that Steve and I got for Sadie. We didn't wrap it as we thought it might be useful for distraction purposes and we were right. Sadie's little cousin Beau and her loved it. The two of them were constantly playing with it or the balloons.



Beau is just a few months older than Sadie. Sadie's other little cousin, Reegan was there and and the three of them hit it off really well. Reegan is only a month older than Sadie. I'm so glad that she has cousins her age who live close by that they can grow up with. I remember going through pictures when Gram passed away, and seeing all kinds of pictures with my Dad and his cousins and how close they were. I want that for Sadie. I'm so glad that Beau and Reegan are in Sadie's life.


Here is a video of Sadie and Beau playing the piano.





Wrestling Sadie!




Beau and Sadie playing with the balloons!

Beau Hugging Sadie

Reegan Andrew Hildebrand



Aunt Mary and Reegan


Atley Olson

Our friends, Gini & Andy Olson were able to bring little baby Atley to the party. Andy works with Steve and we have become great friends. I'm so glad that they were able to take time out of their busy schedules to come.


Sadie has this thing with babies. She pats them on the head like she is consoling them. It's actually quite funny. She has always been a patter. When you pick her up she immediately pats your shoulder to let you know everything is alright. Here is Sadie patting Atley's head.


Did I mention she LOVES babies.

She was trying to play with Atley who is still just a bit too small. Pretty soon though they'll be able to have play dates.


The Minnie Mouse Cake


A little frightening I know but it turned out a lot better than I thought it was going too.


Sadie was very funny about digging into her cake. She was very cautious I think is the appropriate word.


We ended up having to dig into an area so she could see that it was ok. And from there....


...She dug in!


The finished results.



Ok so I know I don't have a lot of video but we set up the tri-pod and taped everything. We just haven't gotten to the editing part.


A friend of mine, Amanda, had her babie's, Brinkley & Braxton a week after Sadie was born. She asked me for tips for their birthday and I have to say the biggest thing I could suggest is to give your camera to someone at the party and let them take pictures. I was trying to be hostess, mom and photography and unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of presents or anything. Luckily Krissy (Beau's Mom) had a great camera and took some. But for now this is it. I will post more and more videos as I get them.

This is what happened after the party.
She was done! She was so tired and there was so much going on that while we cleaned up, Steve brought her home so she could crash.

Thank you to everyone who was able to come. We had a really great time. I may not have been able to talk with you very much, but please know that your presence was comforting and appreciated. I know Sadie has a lot of people in her life that love and care about her. You will never know how much that means to me. Because there is nothing more important than Family. And if you're our friend you're family!

0 comments: