Thursday, August 21, 2008

Soap Box

Ok so if you haven't figured it out by now I'm in favor of Proposition 8. I will be voting yes on this bill. Yes I believe in marriage only being between a man and a woman as it states in the Bible, but that is not the only reason I am voting yes.

If you read my previous blog entry you will have read the different consequesences if the fails. And it is those issues that I am concerned about. Sexual preference and religious beliefs aside, if this passes our right to worship how we want will change. If the pastors, preachers and bishops are being sued for not doing gay marriages, that is in direct conflict with their beliefs and that means that we are being told how to worship.

Not to mention if our children will have to be taught about same sex marriages then isn't that taking a right away from the parents and how they would like to raise their children?

Isn't this a free Country? And isn't this a founding principle of this great Country, that we can worship how we want? I know my ancestors didn't suffer persecution for their grandchildren to have that right taken away.

I know I've gone off on a tangent but if we don't put a stop to things like this now, all the things that are wonderful and free about this Country won't be. And that is not a place I'd like to raise my daughter. Our founding Fathers were Christians and they were fighting for their right to worship as they wanted. They probably weren't all of the same faith but they united together for the same cause. This is what we need to do now.

Please let me clarify something. I have nothing against homosexuals. The are human beings just like you and me and I know several that are very good people. I do not agree with that lifestyle but I am not here to judge. I'm here to get through this world the best that I can. What I have a problem with is my freedoms being taken away. And I will fight against that any day of the week.

Thank you for listening if you made all the way through this entry.

* And for the record if you are a friend or family member of mine I will keep your comments listed. However, I will not keep random people's comments. Thank you.

2 comments:

Chino Blanco said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.