Sunday, February 21, 2010

Primary Crafts

We just started music time in Nursery. So to add more fun I made paper sun cut outs so the kids can be the sun.

I also made some tamborines/braclets. I took pipe cleaner and strung jingle bells on them. The kids loved them. They either wear them or just shake them...either way it's a lot of fun.
I saw this fabulous idea online, here.
But this is Bo and Belle Bopsy. Belle loves to choose the songs and Bo loves to choose how they sing them. If you squeeze the side of the head their mouth opens and there are slips of paper inside with the name of the song, and the way the kids will sing it.

I just got google eyes from the dollar store and tennis balls from Target. I had yarn for the hair. I cut a line in the tennis ball (careful it popped and scared me a little) I glued the eyes and the hair on with a glue gun. Then I drew a mouth. I took a few extra pipe cleaners and made sort of a stand for the balls to sit in so they wouldn't roll away.
I put them both in a box and introduced them as my friends who were going to help us sing today. The reaction was immediate. They loved them. It even got Sr. Primary's interest. I even had children come up to me after Church and ask to see them again.

I hope you can have fun with this idea. I certainly did. And it was totally worth the reactions the children gave. Happy Singing!

0 comments: