Sunday, December 30, 2007

Remodel, Remodel, Remodel

Well who would have thought that ripping out our kitchen and not really having a place to cook or clean would be fun, right? Well it hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be, although it is taking longer than Steve thought, which I do have to throw my 'I told you so' in there. But it's been fun. I've actually got to help out on a few things. Steve won't let me do a lot but I've got to help with the floor and now I'm helping with cutting the wood for the cabinets. I really only had to leave a couple of days because of the spray texture and painting going on, but it did give me an excuse to go to the movies. I've seen a few this Holiday season.

The new floor looks really good against the color of paint Steve picked out. I do have to say that he does have an eye for that kind of thing. We also got to pick out new light fixtures and faucets and we even found a new ceiling fan with various shades of pink for Sadie's room. Don't worry the reverse side of the blades are blue just in case. HA!

That's been the on going joke at our house the last couple of weeks is what if Sadie is not a Sadie. Well we've decided that we'll take two outfits to the hospital a boy and a girl outfit just in case. I've officially started having Braxton Hicks contractions and yesterday was the most ever. So we at least know we are progressing nicely. Wednesday we have a doctor's appointment and we will start the stress testing then. We won't have an ultrasound like we thought on Wednesday their ultrasound is broke so I will be going to Quest on the 11th for the ultrasound. The stress testing will be twice a week and it is just basically monitoring the babies heart beat.

So I've decided I better get everything washed and organized. So I'll be working on that this next week when Steve goes back to work on Wednesday. He is only working two days this week so the other days we will be working on the kitchen. He is really excited about being able to do this himself and he has all kinds of new ideas for the bathroom cabinets and other projects around the house. So I'm glad we did it this way. And it really hasn't been too bad. Just cluttered. Hopefully we will have the stove hooked back up and the new kitchen sink in by the end of the week so I can have a semi functioning kitchen. As well as the fridge back in it's spot so we can actually use the sliding door. The good news is we were able to get rid of a lot of junk we had stored in the cupboards and now we will have a ton more space. Steve has been taking pictures at the end of each day so I'll post a couple when we are through. I kinda of liked having a completely empty kitchen. It made it look so much bigger, although it's just not practical.

Oh Happy Anniversary Shane and Suzanne! Just wanted to get that plug in there! I'm horrible and didn't send a card this year! I swear my brain is not functioning and it just keeps getting worse.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I'll be lucky if I last until 10:30 or so. But I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's.

3 comments:

Dawni said...

Miss you Tams! Glad the house is coming along and the baby is almost here :)

Papa Randy said...

WOW. You guys are brave. What a job to remodel during the holidyas and having a baby. My hats off to you. I wish yo well. Always enjoy the update. Hope you and little Sadie stay well and healthy. Look forward to stealing her at church.

Suzanne said...

Thanks, Tammy!! We had a quiet, but nice, anniversary. Went out to dinner then curled up at home and watched movies. Very relaxing...

Good luck with the rest of the kitchen!! Let us know if you need Shane's help one of these Saturdays...