Sunday, December 9, 2007

Eight Month Check Up

Well Thursday was our eight month check up. Sadie's heart beat was strong and loud. The doctor even commented on it. We discussed maternity leave options and this coming Friday, December 14th, 2007 will be my last day at work. The doctor then reviewed my blood sugar levels. He was pleased with my levels after eatting and said I'm doing a good job. However my fasting levels were still really high. So he put me on 10 units of insulin just at night to help sustain my levels. He said it's nothing I'm doing because I'm sleeping but he doesn't like the numbers. So we went to Costco and got my insulin. I'm not a stranger to needles so it hasn't been a big deal. I had to go back in on Friday for another two hour fasting test. I was there at 8:30am and was able to run a bunch of errands while waiting the two hours. I was able to pre-register at the hospital (San Joaquin Community Hospital) where I'll be delivering Sadie. And I was able to get a bunch of Christmas shopping done as well. Our next Doctor's appointment is on the 20th of December.

Yesterday we went to Target and got a couple of cute outfits for Sadie and exchanged a couple of outfits for larger sizes. We also got a couple of things for the baby's room. Steve worked really hard yesterday and finished switching the closets. All he has to do now is put the closet rod up and I can start organizing her clothes. Things are coming together.

Next weekend is all about clearing the kitchen cabinets. Goodwill here we come! After that Steve will start the demolition on the kitchen cabinets. It's our goal to have them done by the end of the year. The 21st of December we will be going to IKEA to pick up our new cabinets and that way Steve can work on putting them in during his time off at Christmas.

We are determined to have most if not all of the unfinished projects done around the house before Sadie arrives and since it looks like it will be sooner than the 30th it's kind of lit a fire under us. The most frustrating thing for me is I can't really do a lot. But as most of you know I'm pretty good at planning things, so I guess that will be my contribution.

Last night I was able to go to Paula's for a Christmas party and had a really great time. There was lots of food and great company. We did a gift exchange and just enjoyed each other's company. This morning I was not feeling well, emotionally and physically. I'm just relaxing today and trying not to worry about what I can't do. That's been the hardest thing for me is seeing everything that needs to be done but not being able to do it or not having the energy to do it. Oh well, it won't be much longer.

Luckily this next week is not too busy so I'll be able to enjoy my last week of work and not get to stressed running around. Steve has a work Christmas Lunch this week and I have my work party on Saturday. Lots of fun and socializing.

0 comments: