Sunday, December 16, 2007

Maternity Leave or is it Eternity Leave?

Well Friday was my last day of work until April 2008 or so. This last week has flown by. Steve worked in Paso Robles a few days but found out he won't be going back over there at least until after the new year. Saturday was my work Christmas Party and we had a blast as usual. Lots of people socializing some with help of good old alcohol but it was a nice party. I got my Christmas bonus on Friday which we promptly spent on tools for the new kitchen. We have decided instead of going to IKEA and getting the cabinets Steve is going to build them himself. He is very excited about this project and he has 12 days off starting this Friday so he will be able to get a lot if not most of it done. (We hope!)

Friday night we started our Shopping Spree at Sears in the mall. I can not believe how people act at this time of year. It's supposed to be the cheerful and friendly but I couldn't believe the number of grumpy or down right mean people. We got a few things for the cabinets and them we got a couple of outfits for Sadie and movies and a Salad shooter for Mommy. YEAH! I've missed my Salad Shooter! Merry Christmas to me! Saturday was a full day starting at 8:30 am when we went to Home Depot to see if they had a special book Steve was looking for about making Cabinets. Then we went to Beale park and picked up our first organic Veggie Basket. Steph Foulger introduced us to this program and every week we get a basket of organic fruits and veggies for only $17 bucks. It's great. Then we went to the Habbitat for Humanity Sale aka IKEA sale and got a new dresser for Sadie's room. It's a bit wider but shorter than the one we were going to use which is nicer for me since we are using it as a changing table as well. After that we took what we had home and promptly went to Barnes and Nobles and Steve found a couple of books and I found the dice game Farkle. Great Grandma Johnson loves this game and I'd never seen it packaged before so I got it for us. Then we went to CompUSA which is going out of business to see if there were any good deals and the sale is only at 10% still, but we got Steve a computer game he had been anxiously waiting for but holding off on getting for money purposes. Merry Christmas to him! Then we went to Sears and got some more stuff for the cabinets and then went home. As you can imagine I was pretty wiped so I promptly fell asleep. An hour later afraid of running late I got up and started getting for the Christmas Party. There we stayed until about 10:30pm. We didn't get to sleep until midnight so I was completely wiped this morning. So we have been working on Sadie's room and Steve has also started putting some of his big tools together.

This week is pretty low key and I'm so glad I don't have to work. Tomorrow I'm planning on mailing my nephew's Christmas presents and also the remaining Christmas cards. I guess at some point I'll have to go to the grocery store since we didn't make it there this weekend. Wednesday I'm going back into work because Papa Jim is cooking Steaks for lunch and he has invited me to come. Then on Thursday is our next doctor's appointment as well as Steve's Christmas party. Then Steve is off on Friday so we will begin the cabinet making. Saturday is the Goree Christmas Party which I'm really looking forward to. I can't wait to see everyone and be with Family.

So hopefully Thursday we will have an idea on how big Sadie is but I don't know that they will do a measurement this time or after the 1st. We will have to see.

0 comments: