Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Exciting News...

Let me first start off by saying in these hard economic times my heart has been heavy with thoughts of how I can actually accomplish staying home with Sadie full time. I have been borderline obessing about this subject for the past few weeks, ok months. I have been praying and asking for guidance on how I can accomplish this and if this is HIS plan for us.

So you know when you ask for a sign, or for guidance in this instance, you sometimes are taken aback with how HIS message gets to us. This case is no different. Like I mentioned I have been constantly praying for help in this area. Well after a really long day at work I was checking my mail and a lady that works in one of the buildings that I managed pulled up to check her mail. We got to talking and neither one of us realized we lived so close to eachother. Well I still have a Creative Memories sticker on my car from when I was doing consultant work. She asked for my business card and I explained that I was no longer a consultant but I still have lots of supplies. Then I started to explain that I have mainly gone digital. We discussed that further and while we were talking it was a like a light bulb went off in my brain. This is the opportunity I have been looking for.

So I have decided to start a side business. I am going to be helping others get their pictures scanned and archived. This way they have a back up digital copy as well as more options for family history or scrapbooking (those are the same in my book. Any scrapbooking is really family history). So I am going to start with the suitcase full of pictures from my Grandparents. I have a few other ideas on other services I can provide along these lines as well. I've talked it over with Steve and we both feel it's something I can do on the side and earn a little extra income as well as possibly turning into a full/part time job down the road.

I am super excited. I know that my love for photography and family history will help others and in turn will help me and my family for hopefully achieving just enough income to help me stay home with Sadie. Along with this new venture I am also finally a Notary Public. So I will be advertising my services as well. So between these two ventures I should be able to earn enough (eventually) to stay home.

Steve has gotten me a really nice scanner for our Anniversary present which will help bring a better quality to my scans. Another investment Steve and I made was this digital SLR Nikon D40 camera. I am so excited about this camera. I have even enrolled in a photography class so I can learn more about lighting and shutter speeds and so on. This has always been a passion of mine and I am so happy that I'm able to pursue it. I'm hoping that I will be able to incorporate my knowledge and skills in this area with the new business. Here is a picture of my camera. We got a really good deal at Circuit City since they are going out of business. It came with a great lens and I'm hoping to get a couple more down the road.

Here are some pictures of my favorite subject: Sadie. I was playing around with the camera and here are some shots I got.





This is Daisy. Steve took this picture




Sadie was really loving on her baby doll this weekend. She was dancing around with it by her feet so I got a couple of pictures of her and her baby.


P.S. I almost forgot...if you have any ideas of a name for my new business, let me know. I'm looking for some names.

1 comments:

Sourpuss said...

Names hmmm
Scanners R Us
Digitally Yours
Sadie's Specialty Shop
Sugar & Spice
Eastlick's Emporium