Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wiggle Waggle Walk

Saturday was a complete Blast! Sadie and I drove up to Fresno and we attended the Wiggle Waggle Walk. Team Hildebrand had the best shirts, provided by dear Aunt Suzanne. They were personalized and everything. The Team included Shane, Suzanne & Hotsy Hildebrand, Theron Toler (Suzanne's Dad) & Sasha (I think I spelled her name wrong), myself and Miss Sadie. As soon as we got there the smiling began and I don't think she stopped until she crashed in the car on the way home. There were so many puppies I thought either her head was going to explode or completely rotate off her shoulders.
They had all kinds of booths set up and they had an obstacle course set up for the Flying Ball Relay races. The puppies ran so fast that Sadie had a hard time keeping up with them. There were all kinds of dogs decked out for the occasion. I've included a couple of my favorites. Oh and No I didn't bring a puppy home, although it was very tempting.
There was a kids center set up that the kids could color and play a few games but inside this booth was a tidepool exhibit. It was a really small exhibit but Sadie LOVED it. They had star fish, which now they call Sea Stars since they are not technically a fish. and a few shells. With the look on her face I knew going to the Shark Reef in Las Vegas this Thanksgiving was going to be awesome.
We did the walk which was supposed to be 2 miles, but we think it was only 1 mile. I wasn't about to start complaining! And then we had a nice picnic lunch provided to us by the Wiggle Waggle people. By this time Sadie was so tired from not having a morning nap and all the excitement so we watched the Relay race again for a little bit and then we took Shane, Suzanne & Hotsy home. Here are some great pictures and a video of Sadie at the tide pool exhibit. Enjoy!

This is the back of our shirts with all the animals that sponsered us. The front of the shirt has a large dog tag with our name in it. They were really the best shirts there. I heard lots of comments on them. So I'm not just saying that. Suzanne is awesome!
Isn't it crazy what some owners will do to their pets? If you can't see the first letter it's a J. Spelling out JAVA.
Me and Sadie
Shane, Suzanne & Hotsy
Sadie playing with "Sea Stars"

Video of Sadie playing with the shells and Sea Stars

She got a fun sticker for playing with the Sea Stars. (It didn't last on her bib for very long though. Everything and I mean EVERTYHING ends up in that childs mouth now-a-days.)

This dog was so beautiful and HUGE! It's paws looked like a lion's paw it was so big. This dog was part of the Flying Ball Relay Races.

Our first experience with a teething biscuit. Yes it was a fun mess to clean up.

Hotsy and Sadie on the way home.

0 comments: