Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sadie's Big Achievements

So Sadie hit a few milestones this weekend. Not only did she turn a big 8 months old and discover she can make a new sound with your tongue (clicking), she also
Stood Up By Herself!
Yes I know what you are thinking...she's a genius and she's going to find the cure to some disease. No wait that's me thinking that! HA!

Well as you know Sadie and I are going up to Fresno next weekend to do the Wiggle Waggle Walk (2 miles) with Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Shane. So me being the lazy butt that I am decided I better at least try walking a mile so I don't make a complete fool out of myself. So Saturday morning bright and early Sadie and I got dressed and went to the church. I drove the parking lot to see how many laps I'd have to do in order to make a mile and found out 4 laps around the parking lot is a mile. So off I went. It wasn't as bad as I thought but after 27 mins and walking a mile my back was hurting. So we packed it up and went home. Which by the way Sadie slept almost the entire time!

We got home and Steve was just finishing mowing the lawn in the back. So Sadie finished a bottle while we waited for him to finish. Then we played in the back yard. That's when she stood up by herself. She also discovered her shadow which was pretty funny too. So Sadie stood three different times and on the last try she actually didn't fall down she elected to go back to the crawling position however. Later on that evening she also stood up in the house by herself.

It's not going to be long now!! And life as I know it will be over!!

Sadie is also discovering she can makes sounds. She has started singing and Steve taught her how to purr I guess is the best way to describe it. She's rolling her R's. Well the past week she's also discovered she can click her tongue and make all kinds of sounds too. She's also discovered she can fold her tongue. It's very funny.

Now you're probably asking yourself, 'did she get this on tape?'. Of course I did and I'm going to bore you with the videos too. Here are a few pictures commemorating her 8th Month birthday and her big achievement.

Happy 8 Month Birthday Monkey!





Sadie Crawling in the back yard.

(Isn't her outfit and hat so cute?! I love the hat. It makes her look like a flower.)


Sadie trying to Stand up.


Discovering her Shadow

Sadie's new Sound

Walking with Daddy - Trying to get Mommy

First Time Standing Up By Herself

Second Time Standing Up

3rd Time Standing Up.

2 comments:

Dawni said...

Woohooo!!! That is so exciting that you caught her on video Tams. How very precious!

Papa Randy said...

Man o man. you have been busy. Can't wait to see her walking and it won't take long. Enjoy your walking.