Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Daddy's Birthday Party


So last night we got Take Out from Olive Garden. Yummy!

We tried their new Grilled Chicken Flatbread. It was really good.

Then Steve wanted Carrot cake with Cream Cheese Frosting so Monday night I made the cake and last night I frosted it. I found a new recipe for the frosting and it really turned out well.

If you know me then you know that when it comes to Birthday's I have two rules. You must have the "Happy Birthday" song sang to you and blow out a candle and you must have something to unwrap. Simple Right?! Wrong!

Well low and behold I didn't have any birthday candles. So I decided we would use matches. Well it took us most the night to even find the matches and when we did I didn't light them right so Steve had to help me. Steve had Sadie in his arms while I sang "Happy Birthday".
Here's the video.



Here's a picture right after Steve Blew out his "candles"
Then we went into the living room and Steve opened his birthday present. Keep in mind things are kind of tight right now like so many of us and we had very little money. I really wanted to get him some new sunglasses but was unable to. Well while we were looking for the matches I found an old pair of "The Rock" sunglasses we got years ago. We never opened them and they were in a tube so I thought it would be funny to put his real present, A ratchet (great present right? well it was a craftsman ratchet and he asked for it), in the tube with the glasses. Here is the video of him opening the present and his reaction.



Afterwards it was time for Sadie's bottle. So I made it and gave it to her and this is were she decided she wanted to lay while she ate it. She is a nut! Oh and you can't see it but she bit herself last night and drew blood. So we had to put a bandaid on it to stop the bleeding. Then we took it off so she wouldn't choke on it. She kept trying to chew her fingers. So be careful the next time she sees you, her teeth are sharp.



0 comments: