Sunday, May 4, 2008

Catch Up With Us...

Well it's been a few weeks since my last update. Things have been pretty busy at work and around the house. Here are a couple of quick pictures with a brief summary of the past few weeks. Enjoy

Above is Miss Sadie ready for Church. The headband didn't stay on too long as it was too tight. And what you can't see is this dress had the cutest sandals. Unfortunately they didn't stay on too long either as Sadie's feet have grown quickly. We currently have no shoes that fit...Now I have an excuse to shop.


Above is Sadie in her Baby Einstein jumper. She loves this thing. She loves to play with the rattle toys and just watch TV. Mostly sports. Any sporting event or show completely enraptures her. Poor thing!
Above is Sadie in her bumbo seat. She does really good in it. We've even taken it a couple places with us for her to sit in. No the bumbo doesn't have a stering wheel. That is just one of her toys. Although I love this picture because it looks like she is trying to drive. You can already tell she is a NASCAR fan. Go Michael Waltrip!!

On April 18th our Church had a BBQ. It was Sadie's first. We went and visited. It was fun, although the BBQ pit ended up being broken so we had a Pizza Party instead. But we enjoyed it. Above is a picture of Sadie and Steve at the BBQ.
This was a busy weekend for us. The next day, April 19th was Highland High School's Prom and Sadie and I were invited to the West's for a Pre-Prom Party. So Sadie dressed up and we went to watch and visit. The girls all looked really pretty and below are a couple of pictures.

Above: Sadie & Brittney West

Above: Sadie & Jordan Kirklin

Above: Sadie & Emma Fink

The day after the Prom Party was my work's Company Picnic. So Sunday, April 20th we trekked over to the Park. We had a great time. Yes I remembered to put Sunscreen on Sadie, however I accidentally got some in her eye. The first picture you can see her eye is a little red. But she did good. We had a lot of fun visiting.


Sadie looks like the cartoon of the old man with no teeth in this picture. She also reminds me of Sweet Pea from Popeye. I tell everyone she looks like she is trying to smoke a cigar, but really she had discovered she could change the position of her pacifier with her gums.


Sadie and her cool sunglasses.
My poor angel was exhausted after the picnic. I thought these pictures really showed her personality. She has discovered she prefers her thumb to her pacifier most of the time. She is really a precious baby.The next two pictures I took one morning before work. She looked too cute to pass it up. The last picture Steve is actually holding her, but we drapped a black cloth over him so he wouldn't be in the picture. She actually really liked that.


Well things are going well. Sadie is growing like a stinkin' weed. We've had to start putting her in 6mos pajamas and pants because she is so tall. Steve and I are both doing well and we are finally starting to get into a routine with me working again.

Oh and I didn't make the final cut for the Chevron job. Which is fine. I've always enjoyed my job, but I just wanted to be compensated. But now with the ecomony the way that it is, I'm just thankful that I actually have a job. There are people out there with a lot less so I'm just grateful for what I have. Who knows I just got done with my self-evaluation so maybe changes will come from that. And if not I can honestly say it wasn't for a lack of trying.

This past week Sadie has discovered a couple of things. One being that she has a voice. Which I find very funny. She is talking but talking loudly. I even had to leave Church today because she was so loud. Another thing she has discovered is that she can blow raspberries (spitting). It's really cute. I even caught her doing it in her sleep today. Another thing she discovered is she is like Linus from the Peanuts cartoon. She loves to suck her thumb while having a blanket or piece of clothing in that same hand. It's really cute. I will try and get a good picture and upload it soon. One last thing she has discovered, she likes being the center of attention. Last night we took Joel and Tyler Kirklin and went down to an Arena Football Game at the Staples Center. It was the LA Avengers against the Arizona Rattlers. Sadie had everyone around us eating out of the palm of her hand. It was a fun night and Olympic Gold Medalist Amanda Beard was there. I of course took pictures but I haven't uploaded them yet. I will try and do that tomorrow.



1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Man, that's a cute baby. I made the one of her in her sunglasses my desktop at work!