Sunday, October 28, 2007

Things You Miss When Pregnant!!

Oh if only you could have glorious cold medicine while you're pregnant...life would be wonderful. So this week has been a stressful and not so fun week. Monday was fine but Tuesday morning I woke up at 1:30am with a horrible sore throat. I stayed home and tried to rest. While at home the doctor's office called and informed me they had my gluclose test results back and I was high so I had to do the three hour gluclose test. I also found out that I was anemic so I had to start taking iron pills twice a day. Also they told me I needed to have another Rhogam (RH Neg) shot as well and they couldn't wait until next Wednesday for my regular appointment. Not good news but something I could handle.

So I decide to fast and take care of the three hour test on Wednesday. I figured I could go in and get my shot and take care of the gluclose test all in one shot. Now remember I'm still not feeling very well. So Wednesday morning I go into work a little early and let everyone know that I will be gone from 10am to 3pm so I can take care of the testing. Well when I get down to the doctor's office to get my slip to take to the lab they tell me I've been fasting for too long and that they won't take me. I could only be fasting for a total of 14 hrs which include the 3 hr test. Also the doctor's aren't in the office so they can't give me my Rhogam shot. Needless to say I was not happy. I asked if I could get the slip for tomorrow and they said no they have to print it the same day. So I went out to my car called Steve and promptly starting crying. Stupid people. Why can't people just communicate. They could have told me everything over the phone and I could have planned for it. So I went back to work and made it through the end of the day. With the plan to go in 1st thing on Thursday and take care of the testing.

Enter Thursday morning...my cold has gotten worse and now my ears are starting to hurt. I go into the doctor's office to get the slip and find out if they could squeeze me in that afternoon so I can make sure I don't have an ear infection and need antibotics. I went to the lab and spent the next 3 hrs watching a movie (thank goodness for portable DVD players) and crocheting. (I'm making a blanket for Sadie) They drew blood for my fasting level and then I got to drink the yummy gluclose syrup. They then took my blood every hour. They won't know the results until Monday or Tuesday, so keep your fingers crossed. I then went home and ate lunch and rested until 2:00pm and went back down to the doctor's office. I waited for about 45 mins and then Dr. Shakespeare finally saw me. Enter bad news...my blood pressure was high 147/87. He was not pleased. But after the week I had already had I would have been surprised if I hadn't had high blood pressure. The doctor thought I was seeing him for my monthly and not for my cold (great communication huh) He told me I could take sudafed for my congestion and tylenol for my ears and headache, and Robitussin for my cough. He believes my ears are sore due to the drainage from my congestion. I got to hear Sadie's heartbeat which was strong. I have a scheduled ultrasound for the 31st so he will follow up with my cold and blood pressure then. By this time I was exhausted and it was after 3pm so I just went home and took a nap.

Friday I made it most of the day but by 3pm I was exhausted and went home and then Steve and I went to costco so we didn't have to go anywhere all weekend. I got some Robitussin which has been a life saver. Friday while I was at work we have the Rain Soft water treatment installed and Steve worked on the nursery and got the wall paper border up. He also started putting the crib together but there were a couple of pieces broken so we now have to wait for a third crib to be shipped and then we can take the pieces we need and they will pick up the pieces we don't use. The room is starting to come together and it's looking more like a nursery rather than a guest room.

I woke up on Saturday with no voice. Today I have a little/deep voice but I feel a lot better. Not 100 % but better. So Steve and I have been talking about what we are going to do if my blood pressure won't go down. We've come to the conclusion that maybe cutting back my hours at work would help, but we will just have to see.

All weekend I just did laundry, sleep and crochet. Boring but it was restful and exactly what I needed. This morning we even got to listen to Sadie kick with our baby monitor. It was exciting. Things are moving much more swiftly now. We are about 90 days away from the big event and that puts things into another perspective.

0 comments: