Sunday, October 7, 2007

23 Weeks and Going Strong

Well Thursday we had a doctors appointment. We were supposed to do an ultrasound to officially determine the sex. Well the doctors office was so busy we didn't even get to see our regular doctor. We were able to listen to the heartbeat which was strong and healthy but weren't able to do the ultrasound.

I go back on the 17th to do the diabetes test. I get to drink a glass of sugar water and wait an hour and then have my blood drawn. Then we go back on Halloween (31st) and that is when we will do an ultrasound to verify everything is going ok and make sure Sadie is a Sadie and not an Emmitt.

Work has been crazy lately. More and more people are asking me what's going to happen when I leave for maternity leave. Who's going to do what? That is the big question? I still have about 10 weeks left before I go on maternity leave. So I've been busy trying to make a binder at work with all of my duties and instructions for those duties. I've even made a spread sheet with my duties listed and to whom they were assigned. Yes you make think I'm a little controlling but I am not completely confident in leaving my job in the hands of the people whom I have to and not come back to a big mess or get called a lot for help. Which I know that will happen. I'm just hoping that with everything I put together my work will begin to understand that I do a lot for that company. A lot more than they realize or I get credit for. I'm hoping that this too will help me have a case to plead for me to be able to work from home part-time so I don't have to go into the office 5 days a week. That is still an issue Aaron, my direct supervisor and I are trying to haggle.

Anyway, Steve is going to San Diego tonight for an office sight. He will be gone all week long. I've gotten used to him being home all the time now so it's going to be an adjustment this week. He's not too happy but it's work so what can we do. Oh well got to earn out living somehow right?

0 comments: