Sunday, October 21, 2007

14 1/2 Weeks To Go!

No we aren't counting down?! Yeah right. Steve is ready for his "toy" to arrive. He has even started a count down on the calendar. Not just of how far along I am but now there is the number of weeks left and also the number days. So as of today there is 14 1/2 weeks left and 102 days. This is approximate of course but it's based on the 30th of January due date.

The past week has been uneventful but yet another week down. We received the crib and had to promptly return it...UPS didn't even get it through the door. The box was so demolished I knew that the crib wasn't going to be in good shape. I immediately got on the phone with Target and they shipped another crib. It should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

We also had Rain soft come to the house on Wednesday and tested our water. We knew it was bad but we didn't know it was that bad. After seeing everything and talking about pricing and options we decided to get the home Rain soft water treatment system. They come on Friday, October 26,2007. I'm really excited so now we know Sadie will have soft water for her skin, clothes and for drinking and cooking. Not to mention that since we signed up on the night the technician came out we got a 5 year supply, for a family of 4, of soaps. All kinds of soap, laundry soap, dishwasher soap, hand soap, disinfectate soap and so on. We will end up saving so much especially now we won't have to buy bottled water. Which our monthly water bill compenstates for at least half of the monthly cost of the water treatment system. So as you can see I am really excited about this.

Let's see what else happened this week...Oh I received a calling at church. I will now be the assistant activity day leader. Susan Kirklin and I get to work with the 8-11 year old girls. Similar to girl scouts but on a more religious basis.

We also had a Super Saturday at the church, where people sign up to learn different skills. I was supposed to teach about crocheting scrafs but now no one came. Which is fine, I got to visit and start on a small blanket for Sadie's car seat.

Next Saturday Steve and I are going to the beach for the day. We are getting dog transporters (crates) so we can start training the dogs that they will be in there instead of inside the truck. As we are taking them up north for Thanksgiving and it will be the last trip we will go without Sadie and once Sadie is here they will not be riding inside the cab, so we are starting the transition now.

Now that I've caught you up on this past week, I really want to mention a good friend so is such a tremendous amount of inspiration. She is going through a tough time right now with her mother being very ill and I am in awe as to her strength. I know she relies a great deal on the Lord and I know that she has been supported by Him. I've been praying for her and her family daily and especially her sweet mother so she will be in as little pain as possible. I found out this week that her mother has got a sweet tooth for a certain candy and I've made it my goal to give a "Halloween Care Package". I know I can't do much but I hope that I can at least bring a little joy or laughter in their lives. Dawni has been such a great support for me during the past year and I wish I can do more. Please keep Dawni and her family in your prayers. I know the Lord listens and will bless them during this hard and trying time.

0 comments: