Friday, April 20, 2012

Babies Blankets

I had seen this type of material (patch work 3D) a while back and new I wanted something like this for the babies. 

Something I've found so far with having twins especially a boy and a girl is that it's hard to come up with a theme I like in the nursery.

I came across the frog print for Auggie first and loved it.  I wanted those colors in the nursery but wanted to add pink there for Hettie too.  Then I found the elephant material and I new it's what I needed.  They don't match exactly but I think it's the closest I'm going to get.

So I got some brown minky for the backs of both blankets and set out to make their blankets. 
Now keep in mind I've had this material for months and just hadn't gotten to it. Hence the prior projects but this weekend I felt I just had to get them done.

0 comments: