Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Reception & Our Crazy Child

My cousin Christy Blakley got married on March 27, 2009. (The day before Steve and I's 15 year anniversary) Well they had a private ceremony and decided to have a BBQ as the reception. (GREAT IDEA!) So on Saturday, May 2, 2009 I got Sadie dressed and we headed out across town to the BBQ.

She looked so cute. I couldn't stop taking pictures of her. Everything worked out perfect until we got to the BBQ. I got out of the car and realized that she needed to be changed. So I cleared the trunk out and changed her. I put everything back in and we were on our way.

Now keep in mind when I say across town I'm talking out in the ranch area. Dirt roads, farms, animals the whole thing. So while we are walking Sadie discovers the goats. I should have just packed up at that point and went home but I didn't. All she wanted to do was play with the goats.
I was finally able to pull her away (kicking & screaming) from the goats and headed into the yard for the BBQ. All she wanted to do was play with the 8 year kids or in the flower beds.

Luckily Krissy, Nick & Beau were there so Sadie got to play with Beau. Now for those who don't know the crazy Sadie side, anytime you make her stop doing something right now she starts to scream. So everything time I pulled her away from the flowers or the big kids she'd throw a fit, and not a quiet one.

I was able to find this basketball which she really enjoyed carrying around. But I was fighting a losing battle.


Poor Beau. Every time he tried to play with Sadie and the ball she'd flip out.


So finally after an hour of a kicking & screaming child, I packed up and headed home. I was completely and utterly embrassed. I didn't even get to say hi to Christy or Neil and wish them happiness. She must have known I was upset because she was absolutely quiet all the way home. And she kept looking at me with concern on her face.

So when we got home, she was still wound up but at least she wasn't screaming anymore.

Then she discovered the nasal aspirator.
Her nose had been running all afternoon so Steve thought he'd try and suck her nose out.
YEAH RIGHT!
All she wanted to do was eat the thing.
Then while I was making her dinner, Steve told me to come in the room with the camera.
She had gotten herself stuck in her toy piano. She had tried to crawl through it and tried to stand up half way through.


She managed to stand up but with herself in the middle of the piano.
FREEDOM!

0 comments: