Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Sunday

Sunday, April 12, 2009
This morning Sadie and I got ready for Church and then went outside and we took turns getting our pictures taken. Then it was off to Church.





She did alright. We spent most of Sacrament in the hallway and I even had to go into a classroom so that she wouldn't disturb anyone. We are slowly getting better though. She is now folding her arms all by herself when we pray. After Church we headed home so she could get a good nap in before we headed down to the Olson's for Easter lunch and an egg hunt.
We had a fabulous ham, potato casserole, green salad, and a homemade concoction of Gin's. It was really good. We thought ahead this time and brought Sadie's high chair which was really nice. We were able to sit at the table and have a lovely meal without having to worry about what Sadie was getting into.
After lunch Steve and Andy went out front and hid the eggs. We did do an Easter basket for Sadie but we didn't hid it this year. Next year we will though. We used the same basket she got last year from Grandma Eastlick. She got a chocolate bunny (which no one has eaten yet), peeps, bubbles, Primary music on CD (Children's Song book), & plastic golf balls.
Steve filled the plastic eggs with yogurt covered raisins. So he and Andy hid those as well. Sadie was funny when she found those she'd just shake them.








Unfortunately eggs were not the only thing broken this fine Easter afternoon. While hunting eggs Sadie took a tumble and reinjured her lip.


That put an end to hunting eggs. But about 20 minutes later she was doing better and started playing again.



I hope that you and your families were able to enjoy this Holiday. I am so truly grateful for our Savior's Sacrifice on our behalf. I cannot comprehend what he went through for each and every one of us. All I do know is that I will be eternally grateful to him. I'm so very grateful for the knowledge that I have that we will live again and we can live with our Heavenly Father and Brother Jesus Christ if we just repent and do those things which he commands us. I am so very grateful to know that I will be able to see my family again. Especially my Gram, whom I miss dearly on a daily basis but I know she is with me and we will be together again. I am so very grateful for friends and family who love and support me and my family on a daily basis. From our Family to yours, Happy Easter!


















1 comments:

Gini said...

"Homemade concoction"??!!! Honestly Tammy!!! I'm offended!! Just kidding. That's hilarious... that's exactly what it was. Haha. So interesting. Thanks for being brave enough to try it. We had so much fun with you guys. I love hanging out with you. We need to do it more! Sadie looks beautiful in all the pics, and you two look beautiful together in front of the flowers. I would say Steve looks beautiful too but... haha. j/k
Anyway, hope you guys are having a good week, and that Sadie's lip is better!! I felt so bad!! :(