Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Green Beans Anyone?

Well for those who don't know this about me, I'm not a big veggie eater. I have been doing a lot better but Green Beans have never really appealed to me. Well we get an organic veggie basket each week from a co-op Abundant Harvest (it's really good), well last week we had a lot of green beans so I decided I would make my own baby food. I snapped the green beans and washed them all off, then boiled them until they were completely cooked. Then I blended them up with just a little bit of water. They turned out great. We tasted both the fresh and the packaged from the store and there was no difference. I was excited. My first attempt and everything was going smoothly.

Little did I know my daughter had other plans. Well last night was the first night that Sadie has tried Green Beans. Steve started feeding her the homemade green beans and it seemed to be going ok for a little bit but then the faces started. She did not like the green beans one bit. The poor child was gagging while trying to eat them. She is a trooper though and ate as much as she could. We are going to continue with the green beans for the rest of the 5 days just to make sure she isn't allergic to them. Hopefully she will acquire a taste for the delicious green mushy vegetable. Here are a couple of pictures. I got a good video but will post that on our family website once Steve trains me on how to do it.



1 comments:

Gini said...

Sadie doesn't look too terrified of the green goo on her face. :) Nope, still no little one for us yet... she's coming though. She just wants us to learn patience before she ever arrives. Hey thanks so much for those gifts and your generosity. Andy and I both really appreciate you guys.