Sunday, January 6, 2008

Oh The Joys Of Contractions

Well yesterday I went into San Joaquin Hospital for my non-stress test. It only took 2 days to get me in. They've been so busy they didn't have an empty room. I told Steve it was nice to know that if I had gone into labor I would have had her in the hallway.

The test was fine, they kept me longer than normal though because I was having contractions. They even had to do an exam to make sure I wasn't dialating any more. I am just over 2 cm now and my cervix is still thick. Keeping me was just a precaution to make sure I wasn't actually in labor. The contractions didn't really hurt until after the exam but last night and today I've had contractions and they don't really hurt it's more pressure than anything.

I had a small panic attack while in the hospital though. I realized I wasn't ready yet, I hadn't done any laundry yet and I hadn't packed my hospital bag yet. So today I packed what I could for myself and started laundry so I would at least have an outfit for Sadie to come home in. This is definitely not a good start.

0 comments: