Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cruise Control!!

Well we are still on crusie control. As of Tuesday I'm just over 2 cm dilated. I've had a few non-stress tests (NST) and they've been fine. I've had some contractions still but nothing earth shattering. I did find out that the Dr. originally scheduled me for inducement on the 21st but we are no longer going to induce so we'll see.

I had another 2 hour fasting blood work test yesterday. The doctor wanted to make sure my sugar levels are still ok and he also wanted to check my iron levels. I've been anemic and have had to start taking extra iron.

I had an ultrasound yesterday. No news though. It was the least informative and most uncomfortable ultrasound ever. They couldn't tell me anything and they never even showed me the screen. I was forced to lay on my back looking at the ceiling for an hour while the techinican took the pictures. Finally after she was done she went and got Steve from the waiting room and just showed us a picture of her face and foot. We also saw her heart beat. She copied a couple of pictures onto a CD for us but they aren't very good or clear. There isn't enough room to get a good picture now. The rest of the evening Sadie was not happy from the ultrasound and made me pay.

The NST's are every Tuesday and Thursday. Next Tuesday is our next doctor's appointment where we will hopefully have the results from the ultrasound. I'm hoping that they will be able to tell approximately how big she is. They sure did take enough pictures.

The kitchen is still going strong. Hopefully by the end of the weekend we will have the drawers and remaining countertops in. The microwave cabinet is up and the microwave is mounted. I'm trying to help Steve but I think most of the time I'm a hinderance not a help. Oh well I can at least hold stuff and fetch things.

1 comments:

Dawni said...

Tams that sounds like an awful experience. I'm sorry that this ultra sound was so awkward and uncomfortable for you. I hope that you're feeling more 'ready' and more at ease with everything. You don't need to add any unnecessary stress to this process. I love you and I'm thinkin about you!