Monday, July 9, 2012

The MAX, Food Carts, Voodoo Doughnuts...Oh my!

After our photo session we hopped on the MAX to go down town to have lunch at the food carts. 

Miss Sadie was excited she was just upset she had to wait for another train.

She loved the MAX and watching everything fly by.

Toward the end of the ride someone got a little tired it was of course nap time but we had too much to do and see to stop for a nap.

This is a little out of order but I had to include it.  This is on the ride back to Gresham. Sadie was exhausted and there were no places to sit. (we caught rush hour) So Cousin Jeff made a seat for her to sit on.

My Foodie!
We have been researching Portland's food carts ever since we found out we were coming up for the wedding.  Mr. Foodie was very excited to try "The Frying Scotsman"'s fish and chips.  And he wasn't disappointed!

We decided to walk over to Powell's Bookstore and we ran into someone who obviously loves Star Wars.  I do too but I'm not sure I'd go this far....ok maybe.

Andrew and Alyssa were able to meet up with us after she got her hair chopped off for boot camp (she reports tomorrow).  Miss Sadie was happy they got to come even if it only was a short visit.

On our way back to the MAX we detoured over to Voodoo Doughnuts!  Oh and I'm so glad we did.

Our score!
And yes I'm completely excited!  Love me some maple bars!

Miss Sadie and her fruit loop doughnut!

I had to post this picture...it was too funny not too. 
Yes this is the famous cock and balls doughnut from Voodoo.  Let's just say this was taken after a very long day!  I was a little punch drunk!  haha.  Now you know my real sense of humor!

0 comments: