Friday, March 18, 2011

My Sad Story...

Let me first start off this story with some background information. I am one of those people who put off going to the doctor. I don't know why...ok maybe I do. I just hate to pay money for someone to tell my I'm fine or the symptoms are all in my head. Not to mention having to deal with kids either at the doctor or figuring out who can watch them. Blah, blah I know, wrong decision.

Well I've been having stomach issues on and off for the past 6 months or so. I told my friend my symptoms and she said "it's your gall bladder you need to have it checked out."

Ok now fast foward to Monday, March 14th at 10:30pm. My "I'm going to be sick" routine started. This happens occasionally. Well by 3:30am I was so sick I slept (if you call it that) in the bathroom. Needless to say I was out of commission the next day (oh and the migraine didn't help either). Wednesday morning I was still in pain but I was functioning. I called my girlfriend and said I thought I needed to go to Urgent Care. Her response was "well duh!"(love ya Gin). So off to Urgent care I go. The doctor was great and said yep you probably have gall stones.

Next came the Ultrasound. Now for those who know my past fertility issues will understand when I say I have a lot of experience with ultrasounds. Well this tech was just clicking away. So I knew I was in trouble. So what do I do? I go to Sadie's 1st softball game. Yep I was in pain but I did it. During the game I get a call from the doctor...yep gall stones and we are going to find you a surgeon.

WHAT?! Yep! So I called the doctor the next day and talked to a nurse because I was still in a lot of pain. I asked her how many stones I had and she said the report says multiple which in their language meant too many to count. So later at 1pm I had a surgery consult and they sent me to preop from their office. Nothing like a rush job right?!

Well the procedure went fine and come to find out my gall bladder was full of stones. It was definitely a memorable St. Patty's Day. Oh and yes I learned my lesson and I will not put off going to the doctor.

1 comments:

L McD said...

Hope your recovery has been smooth. I am assuming you had your surgery since this post is over a month old. I am a little out of touch. Sorry. You you are feeling great now. xxxx The McDowell's