Monday, February 28, 2011

Our World...Lately

So let me just say that wow I'm caught up on my blog. Didn't think I'd get it done but yep I did it. And the reason I didn't think I'd get it done is because our world is just a bit crazy these days. Crazy but good that is!
So where to begin? Well I'm still working at home taking care of the crazy girl that lives here and trying to pick up after the daily tornados that are our life. I am still watching my cousin's little boy Jude on and off.
In January I signed Sadie up for Bobby Sox Softball. Craziness I know but I really thought she'd like it. What I forgot about softball was there is a lot of standing around and our Princess doesn't stop moving. So we've had a bit of a challenge there. But wait I forgot to mention that I signed up to help be a chaperone for the team but then the manager they had backed out so "who you gonna call?" ME! So during the meetings I found out that we needed another guy to help coach so "who you gonna call?" STEVE! I must have SUCKER tattooed on my forhead. So the first couple of practices our kid (the youngest on the team) isn't even playing or listening but we are in charge. Priceless. Oh well you live you learn and grow from our mistakes. So Tuesdays and Thursdays nights so far are full of practices...I'm afraid of what the game schedule is going to look like but we'll make due.
I have several friends who are pregnant right now. I started crocheting blankets and managed to crank 3 of those bad boys out. Then I discovered a new obession...sewing. That's right I got my new sewing machine out because of JoAnn's (which I'm no longer allowed in without supervision). I have been sewing like crazy, but I'm loving it.
Let's see where can I go from here...In happy, excited and awesome news our great friends the Fieldsteds (Emi, Tyson and Nina) welcomed a new addition to their family. Evelyn! She is the cutest. And I'm really excited because Emi and I are going to play and get some great baby pictures. In sad news our dear, dear friends The Olson's are moving out of state. We are terribly sad but we are trying to get as much Olson time in as possible. So Emi and I are throwing a baby shower and moving party.
So needless to say the next few months are going to be busy. Between softball, babies and parties we will be pretty booked. However we managed to fit in an Anniversary trip in there. We will celebrate 17 years at the end of March. So we are going to Disneyland and Dana Point. I'm so excited to be celebrating 17 years with my very best friend. 17 years...it's completely crazy. One more year and I'll have been with Steve longer than my parents. Hahaha. How funny is that?! Without getting too mushy on ya, lets just say I couldn't have picked a better man to spend my life with. He is a great man, husband and father. And I'm so lucky that he feels the same way. Yep I spoke for him, but let's face it you'll never hear him say it especially on here or heaven forbid facebook.
So we are still here and kickin'. We may be going a little crazy (thanks to me) but we are enjoying life and the changes that hit us when we least expect it.

0 comments: