Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Crocheting & Sewing

There is something in the water around here because there are lots of people pregnant these days! I'm hoping it might rub off on me!
My dear friend Emi is having a little girl and they painted her room two shades of yellow in stripes. So I got the idea to crochet her a blanket to match. It turned out really cute!
My other dear friend Virginia is having a little boy. She liked the big wide bands on Emi's blanket so I decided to crochet her this blanket. I actually sketched out 3 different patterns and Steve chose this one. Good thing too because she loved it.
I also decided to make Emi a little drag blanket for the baby. These are the same colors that I used for Sadie's large blanket. Then I found some minky type yarn that I used for the trim.
Here's a better look at the trim.
I finally got my sewing machine out that I got for Christmas because JoAnn's was having a huge sale on flannel. So I decided to make some burp cloths and blankets.
I might be a little addicted. The star material is minky and I have to say I prefer to use the terry cloth on the burp cloths. It's much easier to sew.
I made this blanket for Emi and the baby as well. I love the pattern!
Yes I did make a few patterns for boys. The backing is terry cloth on this cloth.
This I made for photos. Yep I decided to make me a back drop. It's a reversable large blanket basically. I think it turned out pretty good.
I went back to JoAnn's and got some more material. I am absolutely addicted. So far I have enough material to make 24 burp cloths and three back drops as well and a couple of blankets.

0 comments: