Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Disneyland, California Adventure & Aunt Karina

Oh where to begin??? This trip to Disneyland was one of the most fun trips yet! Sadie is really starting to listen and is enjoying more of the sights. We were able to meet up with Aunt Karina while we were there for her birthday.

This picture is from later in the morning but it's one of my most favorite so I thought I'd put it first. We were waiting to get into see A Bug's Life - 3D. **Note to self: Do not take Sadie on this ride for a while. It was too much for her.** (Yah...You'll be seeing that a lot this time)

This trip my main goal was to get to the Princess Faire. When we went in February I found out about this and the wait was an almost two hours. So I thought if we got up at the crack of dawn and drove down we might miss some of the waiting...
WRONG!!! We got in the line at 9:30 and it was still over an hour wait. Poor Sadie. I know I'm a horrible Mom but dang it, I knew she'd love it. She was so tired though. And all she wanted to see was Cinderella. Well lets just say I was so sad for my baby. When we started in the line Cinderella was one of the princesses but by the time we got up front, they switched. My poor baby spent the rest of the day looking for Cinderella.
But she did get to see Princess Tiana (Princess and the Frog)
Belle (Beauty & the Beast)
No Comments on the blurrness...I thought I had gotten a good one at the time.
Sadie and Belle twirling their pretty princess dresses
Princess Ariel (Little Mermaid)
Sadie was a bit more happier when she saw Ariel.
As soon as we were done with the Princesses, Sadie fell asleep. She didn't sleep at all on the way down so she was VERY tired (and so was I). About that time Karina called and she had made it to the park. So we met up with her.

Karina in the big O outside California Adventure.
We had a blast. Karina hadn't been to California Adventure so she got to go on a few rides and see all the fun new actractions. She and Sadie rode King Neptune's undersea carousel. This was Sadie's first time without someone standing next to her. I know what you're thinking...yes I'm a sap and yes I was a little nervous. But she did great and LOVED it!
Across the way Jesse from Toy Story 2 was out and about so we stopped and got a few pictures with her. (I don't think Sadie has seen the movie, we don't have it...but she is all about the "cowgirl")
Mickey's Ferris Wheel (A note to self moment here)
We got in line and I didn't realize until it was too late that we were in the "rocking" car line.
I just have to say the lines were AWESOME! We didn't have to wait very long at all (except to see the Princesses and Tinker Fairies) And the weather...it was AMAZING. It was just right and there was a perfect breeze. Dont' you feel jealous yet?!
I am in love with this picture. It captures her anticipation completely and it looks like it could be in the classic 1955 photos of the park. (minus the snack on the chin of course)
This was not our car, we rode on Goofy's car.
We were moving but we really hadn't started rocking yet...
And here we go...she was scared but we think that it's because she couldn't see out. Once she climbed onto Karina she did better. And yes she CLIMBED onto Karina.
We made our way to the Bug's Life show and came out to see Mickey and Pluto. Of course it wouldn't be a trip to Disneyland without getting a picture with Mickey right?!
So of course I had to join in the fun!
Sadie and her Pluto
Lately one of Sadie's favorite movies is Monsters, Inc. So we ventured to that ride. This is at the end of the ride but it just cracks me up. My nephews, Spencer and Kyson loved this movie too and one summer I got to spend with them and Spencer would walk around saying "I'm watching you Mike Wazowski, Always watching" and Kyson would say "Mike Wazowski, Mike Wazowski" and now Sadie is says the same things.
Sadie and Karina in the Monstropolis taxi car
Outside the ride they had a huge door that looked like Boo's from the movie. So I had to get a shot of our little Boo.
After Aunt Karina got to ride Tower of Terror she had to head out...but on the way back to the main gate we ran into this Acapella group. They were great.


Aunt Karina & Sadie outside California Adventure
Sadie and I were going to head home but the weather was perfect the lines were short and Sadie had caught her second wind so I threw caution to the wind and we stayed. So we headed over to Pixie Hollow so Sadie could get some pictures with her "Tinker Fairy" Friends.

Sadie and Silvermist (She's a water fairy and my personal favorite)
Silvermist was very sweet and kind to my baby...she just earned herself some extra pixie dust!
Sadie and Tinker Bell
Tea Cup Ride (Yet again another "note to self" moment)
She'd been on it before and liked it so I didn't think it would be a big deal...WRONG!

We rode so many rides...we had such a great time...can't you tell?!
Mommy and Sadie (And yes I got on a horsey!)
Sadie and the honey pots...annual tradition now!
I will post a few more pictures on my other blog later. We had so much fun it was hard to choose what pictures to include and what ones not to include.

0 comments: