Sunday, April 18, 2010

Inspirational Moments

I have to tell you what happened to me this weekend. For I feel like I need to share just how sometimes even though we don't know what we need, GOD does know what we need. This weekend our Church is had it's Stake Conference. For those who don't know what that is, it's where several congregations meet together to hear speakers.

These meetings are generally hard for me only because it's two hours and my back protests sitting on the uncomfortable seating. So I'm ashamed to admit, but I generally back out of going to these conferences. Knowing that I have to tell you what happened to me yesterday.

I was checking my email and I had received an email from a friend whom I hadn't heard from for a while. I worked with her husband and I used to scrapbook with her. They do not belong to my Church but they had family members visiting from Australia who do belong to the same Church and they wanted to attend services this weekend. So I gave her a call and I spoke with their cousin. I explained that it was Stake Conference and that he could go to another stake if they'd like or they were welcome to come with me. He said he'd talk to his children and they'd give me a call if they decided to go so we could all sit together. I actually never thought they'd want to go, but I received a call last night and they did want to attend with me. SO I went.

And I have to say that I'm so very thankful for my Father in Heaven, who knows me and knows what I need. Sometimes He acts in subtle ways and others He has to hit me on the back of the head (NCIS reference). I am also so very thankful for the Holy Ghost, who helps me know when I am doing something right and wrong. I am so very grateful for the friendships that I have that they know they can call me with situations as these. I never talked about the Church with these friends. And to be honest I never knew they knew I was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day-Saints. But it just testifies to me that even though I may not always feel like I am being the best example, I must be doing ok. If people see me and know my faith from my actions, then I must be doing something right. It just reminds me that we never know who is watching us. Who is looking for guidance and that we need to always be examples of Christ.

This whole experience has been an eye opener for me. Even though this world is really large and that there are billions of people on the earth, we are all God's children and the gospel is true no matter where we are at. Heavenly Father puts people in our lives for a reason...some for a brief moment and others for eternity. I am very privileged to have been able to attend a wonderful conference and especially to have met these two very fine men. I hope that I will be able to keep in touch with them, and if not I want them to know that this simple act of seeking to attend services during their vacation was truly inspired and I know that I have felt the spirit this wonderful Sabbath day. It truly is a small world.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful. I love to hear when people are inspired or have just a burst of emotional bliss from God. Wonderful!