Friday, April 11, 2008

My First Week Back To Work...

Well I made, but barely. I did pretty good until Wednesday night and then exhaustion started to kick in. Sadie did really well this week and even made a couple of friends that wanted to come home with Steve (Rylie being one of them).

Monday I planned for a leisure morning of getting ready without little momma to concentrate on but ran out of time. I was 10 minutes late my very first day. That should have warned me there. Work has been ok. I'm starting to help out in the Real Estate Dept which is interesting, but I'm still doing the faxes. I thought I was going to be taking on more in the supervisoral roles of the two girls I work with but as it turns out that is the same old thing. Which is ok for now but I'm not willing to settle anymore. I feel like I am not being compensated or recognized for what I do and how hard I work. I just don't know anymore, maybe it's because I was gone for a few months, but I have changed. I feel like if I'm going to be away from my baby girl I'm not going to settle just for any job or I'd just stay home with her. Don't get me wrong I really like MS Walker and I love the people but I guess bottom line is I've changed and I'm not going to settle anymore. I'm worth too much and my time is very precious.

Ok enough of my soap box. I know every new mom probably feels the same way and after a while things just go back to normal which will probably happen with me, but I'd like to think I will stick up for myself more now and not just let things slide. I still have a chance for an interview with Chevron. They haven't called people yet to set up interviews so there is always a chance. I would hate to leave my current job but if the price is right and things don't change here I'll have to really think about it. I love my boss though and that is going to be the hardest thing for me because he has always stuck up for me and tried to get me compensated it's just the system I know he is fighting against.

I've been feeling this way all week and I'm going to give it a couple of weeks before I say anything at work. And who knows in the mean time maybe I'll get a job interview or get really lucky and hit the lotto. HA!

Speaking of getting lucky...Congrats to Shane and Suzanne who got the house they were looking at in Fresno. I don't know how many of you saw that Suzanne was on Wheel of Fortune on the 3rd. Sadie and I drove up for the occasion and watched with a house full of people as she kicked all the contestants butts!! You Go Girl! She won two trips, one to Spain and the other to the Caribbean (sp) along with close to $20,000 cash. I'm so happy for both of them. And they really deserve this house. It totally fits their personality.

So I'm covering the front desk right now as I'm typing because I thought I'd be nice and offer the receptionist a break from not going to lunch with the office crowd and I just got a text message from the person who drove them to lunch and they are playing on the bumper cars at John's Incredible Pizza. They were supposed to be back 10 minutes ago and they are still playing. AGH! Oh well maybe I'm just looking for excuses now, but I think that is really rude. Unfortunately I know it's not the receptionists fault. Two of the girls that she carpooled with are the ones with no respect. It drives me crazy. I just hope I wasn't that disrespectful when I was 20 years old.

Oh well, it's Friday and I'll be able to spend two whole days with my baby girl and Steve. Hopefully though I'll be able to get some rest. This whole working thing is overated. I miss my Sadie nap times!!

1 comments:

Mandi said...

i'm glad you want to fight for what you deserve because you DO deserve it! i'm glad going back has gone well :)
fight for your right!