Saturday, September 8, 2007

Almost Halfway Home!!!

Well I'm currently 19 1/2 weeks along. Almost halfway! We had a doctor's appointment on Thursday and everything is going fine. We got to listen to the heartbeat after the baby and the doctor played hide-n-seek for a while. It was fast and strong.

October 4th is our next visit and that will be the official ultrasound to determine gender. We will also be doing a blood sugar test and Valley Fever test. They do a Valley fever test as a precaution but my last two were elevated so they are going to try it one more time in October. Nothing to worry about though the Dr said. Most people in Bakersfield have either had Valley Fever or been exposed to it at some point.

I asked the doctor about the pains I have been having in my lower (bottom) region after sitting and he said it was normal with all the muscles and ligaments pulling and stretching to accommodate my growing body. So I bought me a doughnut/cushion for my chair at work and any other hard surface chairs. It seemed to help on Friday but I still am moving slow, ok slower than usual.

Steve has also mentioned the new form of walking or waddling as he called it. He even threatened to video tape me waddling at different times and make a movie with the "Baby Elephant Walk" as the back ground music. So supportive!!! Oh well as least we know my hips are starting to turn out and get ready for the actual blessed event. Which Steve is still threatening me with an 11 lbs breach delivery. HA! All I say is epideral!!

Saturday the 15th we are having a 3D ultrasound and so we will hopefully be able to see if Mississippi is a boy or girl. That is if he/she is being cooperative. Thankfully we are having friends and family at the ultrasound. My friend Katie just had a daughter in March and everytime Rylie is around, Mississippi is really active so we are bringing her so hopefully it will encourage Mississippi to move. We are also having Shane, Suzanne, Aunt Mary, My other friends Susan and Dawni. We are all looking forward to the big day and are going to BBQ afterwards to celebrate!

0 comments: